My New Bike

Anything else ya ride!
onittino3
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda Cb500x

Re: My New Bike

Post by onittino3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Dylan, would a switch like this fit on your handlebars...seem to cheap tho

Check out this item I found using the eBay Windows Phone App: http://ebay.us/o4O4bV

Dylan
Rides:: C90G 1987

Post by Dylan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm

onittino3 wrote:Dylan, would a switch like this fit on your handlebars...seem to cheap tho

Check out this item I found using the eBay Windows Phone App: http://ebay.us/o4O4bV
That's the one I have got Terry. I'm hoping it will fit. If it won't fit on the main handlebars then I think it could fit on my sat nav bracket with some adjustments.

onittino3

Post by onittino3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Dylan wrote:
onittino3 wrote:Dylan, would a switch like this fit on your handlebars...seem to cheap tho

That's the one I have got Terry. I'm hoping it will fit. If it won't fit on the main handlebars then I think it could fit on my sat nav bracket with some adjustments.
Well great minds, you probably also have a wiring diagram for your bike but if not I found this PDF
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/atta ... 1383856583

Terry

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Interesting, shows you need a 'push to cancel' type winker switch....

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Diesel Dave wrote:Interesting, shows you need a 'push to cancel' type winker switch....
So the switchgear above won't work. I'm guessing that's the same for the other one you posted Dave?

I do have an Aprilia push to cancel indicator switch also but it will have to be a glue/gaffa tape fix!

onittino3

Post by onittino3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Oh...well that's a sh*t, not that hot on wiring, but from what I can see is it looks possible to wire the switch to turn the indicators on, using the slide switch but you would have to slide the switch back which wouldn't cancel the indicators , could you wire the Horn (momentary switch) to switch them off ????

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Whoa!

It depends on how the system works, if the 'on' function is momentary then we can use any other push button as a cancel function. If the 'logic' is in the switch rather than the flasher unit then that's all bolloxed.

There's nothing wrong with using a switched live, fitting your own flasher unit and wiring to that new switch, we just need to know the types of winkers (led or bulbs) and the wiring colours. From the looks of that diagram left is light blue and right is red???

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Diesel Dave wrote:Whoa!

It depends on how the system works, if the 'on' function is momentary then we can use any other push button as a cancel function. If the 'logic' is in the switch rather than the flasher unit then that's all bolloxed.

There's nothing wrong with using a switched live, fitting your own flasher unit and wiring to that new switch, we just need to know the types of winkers (led or bulbs) and the wiring colours. From the looks of that diagram left is light blue and right is red???
I see it as the same as you Dave. Right - red & Left - sky blue.

onittino3

Post by onittino3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Diesel Dave wrote:Whoa!

Yes I suppose it does mater were the logic is, its not the easiest wiring diagram to read, yea left light blue and right is red, it probably would be easier to run a switched live than decipher how the current system works.

Dylan

Post by Dylan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:44 am

I asked a question regarding the wiring and bulb type on the Mana forum and the response is below. Not sure if this helps Dave?
Stock indicators are bulbs. The Mana does not have a flasher unit as the indicators are controlled through the dashboard computer unit with individual wiring to all four. Front and back indicators are not connected together on each side. Colour of the wires sounds right, but the easiest way to do this is to piggy back the wiring to the original switch so the wiring to the actual indicators is irrelevant.