Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Anything else ya ride!
Tulipbush
Rides:: Innova

Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by Tulipbush » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:06 pm

I've only owned experienced larger capacity Honda scooters....sh300's, but often fancied a little Honda scooter for the country lanes I ride on.

I often find my self lusting after things like the Vision 110cc and the Sh125cc and that's about as close as I come to owning one so I wondered what 125cc or less Honda autos you've owned and how you found them...economy....top speed...comfort etc.

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by horobags » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Ive had a msx 125, sh 125, s-wing 125, and currently a innova. The msx is sheer lightweight fun, rides like a big bike. The s-wing is the maxi-scoot of the bunch, big comfy good weather protection, lots of space under the seat and the 125 engine copes with the weight really well. The innova is a really good bike as we all well know. My favorite has to be the sh 125, I like the 'sit up step through' riding position, its quick off the mark for a 125 and fun to ride. Comfort is good, limited luggage space under the seat so a topbox is a must if touring, and will sit all day at 60 mph (steep hills will reduce this slightly). All these bikes should achieve 100mpg, but the new sh 125 esp engine ( start/stop) is capable of over 120 mpg.

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:09 pm

PCX125 - had one of the first 4 to land in the UK.

Ace around town but you have to fit a bigger screen and a top box is useful too.

Never got less than 114 MPG despite hammering the thing everywhere.

The biggest downside is the speed limiter - it cuts in at between 58 and 60 depending on how worn your drive belt is and it's f'kin dangerous. Your roaring along quite happily around 55 on half throttle or less because your running slightly downhill or have a tail wind so you pull out to overtake a 60mph Sainsbury's lorry; you get about halfway down it's length when the hand of Honda closes the throttle. By this time the BMW that was a mile back is half an inch from your rear end so you can't drop back..... you get my drift.

An Italian 150cc version would be grand.

AE86
Rides:: Honda Dio 4T

Post by AE86 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Kind of off topic, but regarding speed limiters, I remember when I was in the U.S. I rented a Hummer as a hire car. I was on a vast expanse of freeway from California to Nevada when I opened it up to see how fast it would go. The massive leviathan managed to hit 75 pretty quickly, but as the numbers rose, it was like plowing through frozen molasses. After what seemed like half and hour, I was nearly triple digits.

Right as I hit 100 something mph the limiter kicked in like a brick wall and I was back down to 90. Decided to keep it at 90 since there wasn't a car in sight for miles when the "limiter" kicked in again seemingly just a minute or so later. I eased off the throttle again, but as I descended below 70 mph I realized something was wrong. The truck slowly glided to a stop as the engine had cut out completely. Turns out I should have been watching the fuel gauge more carefully.

Ended up doing 4.4 mpg that trip. :lol:

Anyway, on subject. As of now my wife has a CH125 (kind of a predecessor to the PCX), I have a Giorno 50-4 for short errands which I like to throw around because it's so light, but besides that, I am not too keen on autos. The PCX 150 I'll make an exception for, something about it just seems right in every way, no other explanation for it.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:45 pm

First bike I had as a C50 1973 ..brand new. Next Honda a lot of years later was an SH50 city express bought for the couple of miles to work and back, fantastic little bike around town but not so good on longer distances . Move forward again and I bought a C90 from a neighbour for £40. Then a CG 125 ,only the 90 is still with me but I have had 2 Suzuki GS500F s first an 07 and now an 06 plate.Oh and I have a GL500 Silverwing interstate.

Tulipbush

Post by Tulipbush » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Pcx125 was going up the dual carriage way the other day, I was right angles to him waiting at the junction waiting for the lights, next thing for what ever reason he must have slammed his brakes on, his bike went at right angles and he raised off the seat, the scooter straighten up and he must have hit the brakes again, f@ck me he was literally hanging mid air doing a hand stand above the handlebars.....he amazingly landed back on the seat. My wife seat I looked like there was some car bumper or something in the road........he was very lucky.

Unfortunately I can't ride feet forward scooters due to them aggravating my left hip...seems to put pressure on it. I briefly owned a Honda fes250 which I bought off my mate, lovely and smooth...AMAZING headlight and an amazing amount of space under the seat.

I've read a few good things about the vision 110,,, a pizza lad was singing it praises saying it was better than a lot of 125's he ridden, been agile, surprisingly nippy and outstanding brakes.

Horrobags......did you find the sh125 to have more poke than the innova?....holding on to its speed for longer? Also how did you find its comfort compared to the innova?

Toby Leröhne
Rides:: 00 C90MT 110 4spd, 04 XL125 Varadero, 93 NTV650P, 88 XRV650J, 99 ST1100AX 50th

Post by Toby Leröhne » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Did my CBT on a Lead 110i... seemed ok.

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:17 pm

Tulipbush wrote:Pcx125 was going up the dual carriage way the other day, I was right angles to him waiting at the junction waiting for the lights, next thing for what ever reason he must have slammed his brakes on, his bike went at right angles and he raised off the seat, the scooter straighten up and he must have hit the brakes again, f@ck me he was literally hanging mid air doing a hand stand above the handlebars.....he amazingly landed back on the seat. My wife seat I looked like there was some car bumper or something in the road........he was very lucky.

Unfortunately I can't ride feet forward scooters due to them aggravating my left hip...seems to put pressure on it. I briefly owned a Honda fes250 which I bought off my mate, lovely and smooth...AMAZING headlight and an amazing amount of space under the seat.

I've read a few good things about the vision 110,,, a pizza lad was singing it praises saying it was better than a lot of 125's he ridden, been agile, surprisingly nippy and outstanding brakes.

Horrobags......did you find the sh125 to have more poke than the innova?....holding on to its speed for longer? Also how did you find its comfort compared to the innova?
sh 125 has defo more poke than the innova, with it being cvt its a smoother drive too, the sh 125's seat is a little higher but similar, the brakes are better too especially if its the abs model.The latest sh 125 is a newer design than the innova and more expensive , which would make me lean towards it being a better machine IMO. Saying that, nowt wrong with the innova. :)

Tulipbush

Post by Tulipbush » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:07 am

Horobags....I definitely think the next one will be the sh125 or vision 110, saying that I could probably get another sh300 for the price of the sh125....then again I don't particularly need the extra power....the economy of the sh300 was always good though.

Have you had just the injection version? Or carb as well, any idea when they swapped over......if I do get one in the future do you know of anything I should be aware of when buying?
Thanks

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:43 am

Well seeing as I am on my 3rd Honda sh 125,
1st did [still got it now sorned] it did 40080 miles,was bloody quick,centre stand fell off.so that was it.
2nd one,got that 2nd/hand ,with 212 miles up.God was that slow,still slow when I p/ex it some 18000 miles later,for
3rd one,now this is not as quick as the 1st one,but much quicker then the 2nd one.very smooth/quiet/much more M.P.G Never have got less then 125 m.p.g ,now done 18000 miles up.
Would I get a 4th sh 125i.??????? Oh yes,but a red next time.
The Honda vision,have ridden 2. Both very good,as good as the sh..????? No,but not worse.But its cheaper too buy.
Now for the new kid on the block
The Suzuki Address not the [fl 125 got one in red] But the new scoot.Its bigger in size/new tech engine/more M.P.G More fuel range/its cheaper and it has a kick-start.
But will it sell .??????????????? No the vision as been out longer.But I would like to have a ride on it.
Look up on you-tube,there is a post from some one,up north ,going out for ride in the wet.