The NEW Wave and other things.

Anything else ya ride!
Bill/Rubery
Rides:: Peugeot Vox 110 cc

The NEW Wave and other things.

Post by Bill/Rubery » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Hello, My Vox is still going great and I get some lovely long day tours on it down the lanes. The only part looking a bit off is the chain case! Its a bit rusty in places however the four bolts that hold it on are a exact match to the one's on my late Innova and Honda 90.... i.e. three short bolts and one a little bit longer. Looking on the internet I see Innova chain cases being offered on Ebay for decent money. I was wondering the other day if the NEW Wave on sale in England...with no chain case...still has the bolt holes provided??? If this IS the case then it would be easy to put a chain case on thus getting rid of the one major fault of no chain case....Is there anybody out there who has brought a NEW Wave who might can tell me about this??

Jon

Re: The NEW Wave and other things.

Post by Jon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Waves can be ordered in a variety of disguises, including full chaincase, front drum, and so on so I'm sure the fittings are there

Bill/Rubery
Rides:: Peugeot Vox 110 cc

Post by Bill/Rubery » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:17 am

Hello Jon, Yesterday as it was a nice day I called into a large motorcycle showroom two miles away just outside Bromsgrove on the way out to a 'country lane tour' (....which was very nice!) The dealership is called "Suttons Motorcycles". Amongst the many machines on display were two of the new Waves. Close examination of the bikes show none of the brackets that are on...Honda 50s/70's/90's/Innovas/...and my Vox for the four small bolts that hold a full chain case onto the frame! While I was there I had a chance meeting with a former member of this forum who rides a silver Innova. You can read about it in the 'Rides out' section of this forum which I will write to later today, as my wife and myself are now off to Droitwich leisure centre...

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Bill/Rubery wrote:Hello Jon, Yesterday as it was a nice day I called into a large motorcycle showroom two miles away just outside Bromsgrove on the way out to a 'country lane tour' (....which was very nice!) The dealership is called "Suttons Motorcycles". Amongst the many machines on display were two of the new Waves. Close examination of the bikes show none of the brackets that are on...Honda 50s/70's/90's/Innovas/...and my Vox for the four small bolts that hold a full chain case onto the frame! While I was there I had a chance meeting with a former member of this forum who rides a silver Innova. You can read about it in the 'Rides out' section of this forum which I will write to later today, as my wife and myself are now off to Droitwich leisure centre...
Oh, that's interesting. I know they offer the full chain-case for other markets so it looks like they do change the frame slightly. Mind you, as it probably takes extra time to put those captive bolts in place, perhaps it makes sense not to put them on all the bikes.

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Post by raybarber » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 am

Do you come to Droitwich often Bill? If so, pop in for a brew.