C90 12volt enigne for sale

RE-OPENED :)
andyp83
Rides:: C50 LAC

C90 12volt enigne for sale

Post by andyp83 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi all.

I have a 12v C90 engine in WORKING CONDITION for sale, and although i don't know what year its from, i do know that all it needs is a gasket set for the head, piston chamber, and the side cover. It will also need filling with oil as i have drained it. I have stripped it down to the engine case itself, and found no corrosion, the piston moves freely, and i've cleaned up all the mating surfaces so its ready for the new gaskets. The piston chamber could use a lick of paint, but apart from that, its fine looks wise.

Anyone interested? I'm asking for offers of OVER £60, plus posting costs, as it does need work to make it run again.
I have NOT tested this engine, due to having a 6volt C50 with a perfectly sound working engine.

scrote
Rides:: Superblackbird, R6, KTM Supermoto

Re: C90 12volt enigne for sale

Post by scrote » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 pm

has it got the carb etc?

andyp83
Rides:: C50 LAC

Re: C90 12volt enigne for sale

Post by andyp83 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 am

Hi scrote, no it doesn't. It will need a carb, new gasket set, exhaust and a filling of oil to make it run again, which is why i'm only asking low money. You would get only what is in the pictures.
Feel free to look at these pics i've taken, it will tell you more than i can remember! Please note, I have NOT had this engine running, so i am selling it as
UN-TESTED, please don't expect to be able to plug it straight in and ride away. I do know that it turns freely, and the internals look in great condition, but i do not know any more than that. At worst, it could be used for spares, but i expect it will run again very easily with a little work!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewp83/
I have cleaned it up as best i can, as you'll see from the different pics, but it really could do with a fresh coat of heat-resistant paint.
Let me know what you think!
Andy. :)