New Rickman Type 23 Fairings. Supplier liaison.

RE-OPENED :)
panrider
Rides:: vstrom

Re: New Rickman Type 23 Fairings. Supplier liaison.

Post by panrider » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:36 am

wightegi wrote:Tricky one that the 84 /86 was a low indicator model after that they were high.You can retro fit either but for a low to high indicator swap you will need new brackets.
Thanks for that, it sounds complicated. :?

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:46 am

The one in Georges photo looks is a high indicator one and will fit newer bikes 86 or so onwards. But they do get mixed up some times and the photo may just be wrong. :o
Low indicators are nearer to the headlight high are slightly above as in the photo.

George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Post by George » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:00 am

panrider wrote:
wightegi wrote:Tricky one that the 84 /86 was a low indicator model after that they were high.You can retro fit either but for a low to high indicator swap you will need new brackets.
Can you take a picture of your indicators? That will help me see what you need.

There are two types. The indicators mounted directly on the 'handlebar' or the ones mounted on brackets (wider).

Most UK models have brackets, here's mine :

Image Image

Some UK models were either supplied or modified by removing this bracket primarily for fitting chrome indicators. I have a General Export model with chrome indicators (all original) and this is how it looks :

Image Image Image Image

Can you tell which one you need with the aid of these pics?

(PS: The bracket mounted front indicators are different than the handlebar mounted ones. And by different I mean that they have different fixings... overall they look the same).

panrider

Post by panrider » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi George
Yes mine is the same as the top photo, the bike with the headlight taken off.
Hope this helps?
Gerald

Robbos
Rides:: 1984 C90E, Ducati Monster 696

Post by Robbos » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:22 pm

George wrote:
panrider wrote:
Can you take a picture of your indicators? That will help me see what you need.

There are two types. The indicators mounted directly on the 'handlebar' or the ones mounted on brackets (wider).

Most UK models have brackets, here's mine :

Image Image

Some UK models were either supplied or modified by removing this bracket primarily for fitting chrome indicators. I have a General Export model with chrome indicators (all original) and this is how it looks :

Image Image Image Image

Can you tell which one you need with the aid of these pics?

(PS: The bracket mounted front indicators are different than the handlebar mounted ones. And by different I mean that they have different fixings... overall they look the same).
Mine are the same as the bottom image. Closer together, no brackets.

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:55 am

Can we make up a dummy's Guide on what screen people can choose from and then underneath the image place the correct part number for that model, like type 23/24
( but also stating higher indicators )

IE: Draw a headlight with both indicators higher, then another with them in line, and a round headlight with round indicators,

so people can look and choose,
But i would also state if you buy the wrong one and informed us at the beginning the type you wanted, then its down to the buyer to try and sell the wrong screen on,

you dont want returns or people making mistakes as it will end up coming out of your pocket, (return post costs will cripple a good noble cause / Bargain )

Robbos

Post by Robbos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 pm

Alan CF wrote:Can we make up a dummy's Guide on what screen people can choose from and then underneath the image place the correct part number for that model, like type 23/24

IE: Draw a headlight with both indicators higher, then another with them in line, and a round headlight with round indicators,

But i would also state if you buy the wrong one and informed us at the beginning the type you wanted, then its down to the buyer to try and sell the wrong screen on,

you dont want returns or people making mistakes as it will end up coming out of your pocket, (return post costs will cripple a good noble cause / Bargain )
I'll do the imagery later if someone wants to write the wording/part numbers? Just some square on front shots of the different setups.

George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Post by George » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Robbos wrote:
Alan CF wrote:Can we make up a dummy's Guide on what screen people can choose from and then underneath the image place the correct part number for that model, like type 23/24

I'll do the imagery later if someone wants to write the wording/part numbers? Just some square on front shots of the different setups.
I will. I already have the pictures. I just need to know if you and panrider are in with this. I might order today. Since I know what everybody wants, when I get them, I will have the possibility to take pictures with the products and add them here. I will have 2 out of 3 models so that will be a good start. So please confirm that you guys want to go ahead with this and I will order them as soon as I hear from you.

Robbos

Post by Robbos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:32 pm

George wrote:
Robbos wrote:

I will. I already have the pictures. I just need to know if you and panrider are in with this. I might order today. Since I know what everybody wants, when I get them, I will have the possibility to take pictures with the products and add them here. I will have 2 out of 3 models so that will be a good start. So please confirm that you guys want to go ahead with this and I will order them as soon as I hear from you.
100% George, Diesel Dave has met me and know I'm an honest chap. Just let me know what cash money you need and when, and I'll get it over to you :) Thanks for this, it's just what I need with the incoming winter!

panrider

Post by panrider » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:37 pm

George wrote:
Robbos wrote:

Yes I,m in let me know how much i owe you will paypal gift be ok? :D
Thanks