Honda C90 1990 - £1300 Sold

RE-OPENED! :)
wbower
Rides:: C90

Honda C90 1990 - £1300 Sold

Post by wbower » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:03 pm

Honda C90 1990. V5 in my name.
Located in Northwich, Cheshire, CW9.

I bought this to use as a second race bike for the plop enduro which ultimately I never got round to building. It's complete and had a MOT when I bought it. I took it out one evening when I first bought it for around 15 miles and it's been sat in my garage ever since.

Remember it's 33 years old and has done 35k miles. It's not mint by any stretch of the imagination but certainly better than others I've seen for sale. There's rust in the usual places but overall its very solid. There's chips, scuffs and the odd cracked plastic. It's complete but I'd recommend treating it as a project. Condition of chain, brake shoes etc? I have no idea.
It won't idle when cold without some throttle but I've never had a C90 that did. Personally I'd try one size up on the pilot jet. It idled during the test ride when warm but I recall it was a little high. It needs warming up and the carb adjusting. All electrics are in working order. It's complete but I'd recommend a spanner check before considering an MOT, I haven't touched it other than putting on a set of Metzeler ME22 tyres which as stated have done around 15 miles.

It includes some almost new Cheng Shin ribbed tyres which I swapped for the Metzelers, I've also included a second set of Metzeler ME22's that I have no use for. They have 7.5 hours on them around Mallory Park, which also look new. It has a Rickman top box which someone has painted black (doesn't look too bad), complete with key.

It's got the remains of the dealer sticker (Northwich Motorcycles) and the original reg plate. The front mudguard is a reproduction and as such hasn't faded like the rest of the paint work

As much as I'd like it to be we're not in the 90's anymore, C90's aren't 50 quid. I think some buyers think £1300 will get you the best bike available... It wont! Some bikes are up for £5k, this one isn't so don't expect it to be in the same condition.

Selling as a project, sold as seen. £1300 as I want the garage space back.

More pictures here https://flic.kr/ps/41RCQ8

Regards William

wbower
Rides:: C90

Re: Honda C90 1990 - £1300

Post by wbower » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:47 pm

Sold!