Capitano's '92 C90 - West Sussex - Withdrawn from sale

RE-OPENED! :)
Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Capitano's '92 C90 - West Sussex - Withdrawn from sale

Post by Capitano » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:02 pm

This Cub is for sale for personal reasons. Believe me, if it wasn't the absolutely correct thing to do it would not be for sale.

I have owned this Cub for 4 years, buying it with a genuine 2500 miles on it. Current mileage is still less than 7000 miles and it is absolutely genuine.

It's a 1992 Electric start 12V C90, it runs beautifully, starts first kick or first stab of the button every time and is a bit of a steal at the price advertised. I have no problem with putting this bike on ebay at £1 start and letting it find its own value. However, if anyone from here wants it for cash on collection I will throw in the following items F.O.C:-

- Original dual seat, professionally recovered in black

- 2 off pattern exhausts, one 12V shape and one cigar shape.

- Blue Rickman topbox (see photo below). This fastens to the rack via 4 heavy duty cable ties, and sits so that a tent can be easily carried between the box and the front of the rack, allowing the single seat to be lifted to refuel

The good bits you can't see:-

- Replacement carburettor

This is a Runtong carb, not an ebay cheapie. The Cub does 150 mpg and does not get left behind on Cub runs.

- Motobatt battery

It's a Motobatt. No more needs to be said. Reassuringly expensive!

- Heidenau tyres

2.50 on the front, 2.75 on the rear. both just went through the MOT. The front will last for ever. the rear will wear like Cub rears do.

- Michelin MX heavy duty inner tube - rear

Both wheels have been off, all rust from inside the rims removed, sprayed with lacquer and rim tape covered with 25mm gaffa tape. The rear has a HD Michelin tube in, the front has a new Vee Rubber tube every January.

- Fully synthetic oil

I have only ever used Castrol Racing 4T 10W40 fully synthetic motorcycle oil in the Cub, and it has been changed every 500 miles. Obsessive maybe, good insurance, definitely!

The rest of the stuff you can see. It's built to ride so the rear shocks have been replaced with CG125 pattern ones from WeMoto. the Riders Cub single seat and rack give a great look, and are immensely practical.

The front rack is ace for carrying camping mats. I rolled two up and mounted them on there for camping trips, including 5 hours each way to the East Anglian last year.

All the black plastic indicators have been replaced with chrome ones.

There is no rot! When I got the bike, it had been sat for years and the paintwork wasn't brilliant but the rear end was totally solid. The rear end was treated thus:-

- Surface rust removed
- Painted with kurust
- Rustproof primer
- 3 layers of paint
- 2 coats of underseal
- Waxoyled in all crevices
- Misting of ACF50 for all inaccessible areas

With the tank removed I Waxoyled and ACF50-d the vulnerable areas inside and into the main frame tube.

The stand pin is prevented from seizing by using a self tapper in the spring loop, a trick Diesel Dave showed me.

It has a brand new D.I.D chain.

It has aftermarket mirrors on extender arms so you can see what's behind you, not just your shoulders!

The exhaust studs were extracted and replaced with mild steel threaded bar and two locked nuts for each one. Inserted with lots of copper grease. they haven't budged in two years.

The bad bits :-

The paintwork isn't perfect. It was built to ride not show, so I blew in some similar blue and cut it in to cover areas that had surface rust, after treating the areas first. there are a few runs and the finish is functional rather than beautifully aesthetic. The top of the tank isn't seen so I blew that over with some matt black intending to do it properly later, but never felt the need to.

The engine paintwork is a little scabby. Again I intended to polish it off one day, but never felt the urge to.

The photos show it as it is. I haven't deep cleaned it, used bullsh!t spray or enhanced it in any way. I felt it fair for you to see it as it is.

So, that's it ... until I remember anything else and come back to edit it.

I would dearly like it to stay within the fold. As I have said, if it wasn't the right thing to do, it would not be for sale.

£1700, buyer collects from West Sussex. Email me at capitano AT bikerider DOT com for better resolution photos and to get my number if you want to chat about the sale.

Alternatively, PM me on here and we'll go from there. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capitano

Re: Capitano's '92 C90 - West Sussex - W/D

Post by Capitano » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:33 am

Loaded up for the New Forest last year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:30 pm

The rustproofing process of the rear end in 2014.

Pre-underseal/waxoyl/ACF50.

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:15 am

Motobatt battery (obviously secured in use 8-) )

Capitano

Re: Capitano's '92 C90 - West Sussex - Withdrawn from sale

Post by Capitano » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Withdrawn from sale ... for now 8-)

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:09 pm

Capitano wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:38 pm
Withdrawn from sale ... for now 8-)
Have to say that I'm delighted to hear that.

Biker Paul
Rides:: Kawasaki W650 Honda 250 Honda C90

Post by Biker Paul » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am

So am I, I keep thinking it would fairer to sell mine and let some one love and use it but the fact remains that my cub will be my motorcycling mobility scooter and the last bike I will be able to ride so it stays!!

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Post by Bogger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Biker Paul wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am
So am I, I keep thinking it would fairer to sell mine and let some one love and use it but the fact remains that my cub will be my motorcycling mobility scooter and the last bike I will be able to ride so it stays!!
Yer mean the last you'll be able to fall off (I.O.W. :roll: )

Bogger...sorry couldn't resist

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Biker Paul wrote:
my cub will be my motorcycling mobility scooter !!
Mine already is..... officially taxed in the disabled vehicle class. (for free)

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Leiba wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:11 pm
Biker Paul wrote:
my cub will be my motorcycling mobility scooter !!
Mine already is..... officially taxed in the disabled vehicle class. (for free)
It might be the only Cub exempt from the LEZ! 8-)