1974 Elephant grey C90 £1450 ono

RE-OPENED! :)
DogRustyJunior
Member formerly known as Swamper
Rides:: 1974 C90

1974 Elephant grey C90 £1450 ono

Post by DogRustyJunior » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:01 pm

1974 C90 Long MOT,Tax exempt, low miles,good spec and no rot.

Mot until 29th January 2017
Tax Exempt
Genuine 11500 miles from new

A very tidy original C90,this is no barn find,but a well sorted,well maintained Cub,upgraded for everyday use.Its has been my main form of daily transport doing around 120 miles a week,and I've done a few journeys of 200 miles+ on it as well.

Sold new by Bladders Motorcycles, Worcester in 1974,it was put away in as garage in 1982 until it was recommissioned in 2014.Therefore it has been spared 20 years of the British weather,and as such the frame is in excellent condition,with no rot,welding or repainting.In fact this was the primary reason why I bought it,as most out there are totally rotten and full of filler.The first job in did was to clean and underseal the rear wheelarch to keep it that way.
When I bought it it had only covered 4100 miles,I have done the rest,changing the oil every 800 miles,I only use Castrol fully synthetic.
I have fitted or improved the following:
Rickman screen
Rickman fibreglass top box
Heavy duty NOS carrier with pannier mounts
German army waterproof panniers
Full 6v LED lighting,inc dipping headlamp bulb (the bulbs alone came to £75) but they were brighter than any 12v C90,and enable all the lights to be on with the engine off,rather than having the original feeble headlamp dimming every time the brake was applied!
Solid state rectifier
Oil temp gauge dipstick
Proper earth wires for headlamp and indicators
Michelin HD inner tubes
Michelin M45 front tyre
Viva rear tyre, both excellent,and the rear less than 500 miles old
New cush drive rubbers
Honda brake shoes front and rear

"TV screen" mirrors
D.I.D chain and sprocket set,one tooth extra on the front for more relaxed cruising
D.I.D camchain and genuine sprockets
Top end refresh with new valves
S90 Long duration camshaft
enlarged and smoothed inlet and exhaust ports
Durite high decibel horn
Copper cored HT lead, NGK cap and plug
Centrifuge and filter screen clean
5 point adjustable rear shock absorbers
front and rear mudflap
Probably more thast I've forgotten!
Engine starts first time and runs very well,clutch and box good,sits at 45mph happily and tops out at 55. Negligible oil consumption and never overheats.Seems to average 130mpg.
There is a small 3x2" piece missing out of the original seat cover,I've inserted a piece of black vinyl to tidy it up.
Chrome on rims is tired but cleans up OK,spokes are excellent.This is one of the last C90s to be fitted with the front suspension torque arm,which prevents the front end rising under braking.It also has the largest fuel tank of any production C90,and a reserve position on the tap.
Paintwork is the original Elephant Grey,has the usual Honda rust pockmarks bleeding through all over but very presentable.
Seat cover has had a repair on the pillion ernd,as the rest was good and the original I haven't changed it,but new ones are cheap to buy.
comes with V5c,current and old mots,receipts and two manuals.
Only for sale due to needing a bigger bike for work,otherwise I would probably keep it forever,as it is I have no intention of riding it into the ground.
Looking for £1450 ono,I don't think there will be many others so well equipped and proven as this one,and I will be sad to see it go.
[img]http://i64.%20.com/2m6o0on.jpg[/img]

DogRustyJunior

Re: 1974 Elephant grey C90 £1450 ono

Post by DogRustyJunior » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:26 pm

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Lovely bike but does that mean you're not replacing it and leaving the fold?
Hope not.

DogRustyJunior

Post by DogRustyJunior » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:27 pm

I don't think cubs ever leave your blood :-) now my Mrs is starting a nightshift I will be at home babysitting till she goes/comes back,so needed something I can get to work and back quicker and easier (I'm strange so I've bought another MZ!) Once things are settled down again I will probably seek a cm90 or similar :-)

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:48 pm

DogRustyJunior wrote:I don't think cubs ever leave your blood :-) now my Mrs is starting a nightshift I will be at home babysitting till she goes/comes back,so needed something I can get to work and back quicker and easier (I'm strange so I've bought another MZ!) Once things are settled down again I will probably seek a cm90 or similar :-)
Phew!