Honda C90 1985 SOLD

RE-OPENED! :)
Crashtel
Rides:: CG125, CB500, R1200gs

Honda C90 1985 SOLD

Post by Crashtel » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:24 pm

NOW SOLD

Before I put this bike elsewhere I thought I give the forum first view, as many people on here have helped me. Its a bit of an essay and photo fest. Let me know if you need more info.

This my Honda C90M, 1985, Electric and kick start model, it passed the MOT 14th June 2016, The V5 is in my name. the Bike is located in Woodley Nr Reading Berkshire. Its collection only, with weather like this you might as well ride it home. Price is £700

I bought the bike as a non-runner but the bodywork is in very good condition due to the previous restoration rust proofing.The paint is in a fair condition, it was hand painted during the last restoration. The white fairing looks original, it is showing signs of age but perfectly serviceable. Now the various items have been fixed, I've got it to a good reliable runner. I have used the bike as a local run around and complete a couple of 100 milers, in fact today as the sun was out I've done a 40miler circuit to Marlow, Henley. Its not been used for a couple of weeks but started 2nd kick and ran very well. It always attracts attention. Today as I stopped for fuel, a bus driver on his break got out for a chat. He was impressed, he was gradually restoring a vespa, he asked where I put my 2 stroke in my bike, hehe.
Clock mileage show 39575 ( engine, sprockets/chain, tyres/tubes/rim tape have done approximately 350 miles, front suspension about 50miles) but is likely to increase as I’m using the bike. It is not concours but a good reliable C90 electric start example.

History

I bought the bike as a non runner, from the local district nurse, he was riding it up to the engine seized in September 2015. I suspect the cause of the engine problems was from running the bike on petrol with a reasonable amount of ethanol, this caused the tank to rust and gradually fill the carb up with fine rust particles resulting in a weak mixture which eventually caused the seizure.

Here are the items I've replaced to get it to a reliable bike:

• Engine Seized - Parts supplied by Dave Wilkins (C90 Forum)
 Engine rebuilt by Alan Conrod fitter (C90 Forum) as a standard engine i.e no rebore).
 Semi synthetic oil used
 New Iridium plug
• Carburettor - Full of Rust from Tank
 Cleaned and fitted Keyster Rebuild kit
 Air filter replaced
• Tank - Rusty inside, outside in very good condition from previous restoration.
 Removed rust by Washing soda / electrolysis
 Replaced Fuel pipe and installed paper fuel filter ( to be removed at some stage didn’t want any remaining rust particles to contaminate carb filter)
 Filled with BP Ultimate unleaded on initial and subsequent fills.
• Tyres were bald -
 Rim tape, Tubes and Tyres supplied and fitted by Ride in Bikes Reading
• Key Barrel Broken - New Keys/ barrel fitted
• Rear LHS indicator broken - Replaced
• Indicators flashing too fast - Replaced Flasher unit
• Battery Replaced – old one was ok but just for peace of mind
• Spare fuses missing - Put spare fuses in fuse holder on top of battery
• Starter solenoid - sometimes sticking on - replaced
• Chain and sprockets worn out – Replaced with JT sprockets and DID chain from Wemoto
• Replaced handlebar mirrors with pattern ones
• Seat torn - Seat foam and cover replaced
• The LHS plastic panel was damaged, it was replaced with a Beige 2nd hand one and a longer bolt with black knob installed.

2016 MOT advisories
• Chain guard missing – Installed new Chain guard obtained from Dave Wilkins (C90 Forum)
• Rear swing arm play - Found the pivot bolt not torqued up ( thanks again to Dave Wilkins for Advice)
• Front suspension play - Installed front suspension kit – Bushes, bolts, all new grease nipples tested as working.

The following photos are a few to show the condition of the bodywork whist parts were removed.

rogerpipe
Rides:: '70 Triumph Tiger T100s, '89 MZ ETZ 251, '63 C100, '85 C90

Re: Honda C90 1985 for sale £700

Post by rogerpipe » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Pm sent

Crashtel
Rides:: CG125, CB500, R1200gs

Re: Honda C90 1985 for sale £700

Post by Crashtel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:59 am

Bike now sold via ebay.