Timetable

Place your Plopping Posts here! Sub forum dedicated to C90 racing, tuning, and plopping!
ledwardio
Rides:: 1190 Adventure / Fireblade / Skyteam Bongo / C90

Timetable

Post by ledwardio » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 am

What's the typical timetable for the plop race?

Just looking into logistics of the Mallory weekend and wondered how it works?
Start/finish times?
Is there anything happening on Friday?
How much beer will we need on Saturday evening?

That kinda thing :lol:

I reckon we'll need to find some digs – I imagine quite a few people camp, but I must admit I think I'd prefer a proper bed.

Any advice would be appreciated 8-)

Drew
Rides:: TZ Spondon 250

Re: Timetable

Post by Drew » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi

Most arrive Friday mid afternoon and scrutineering / sign on underway for a few hours. Much better to get it done Friday rather than Sat morning (with a hangover!) There is a good bar in the paddock and cafe, really busy Friday with a band on, not so busy on Sat eve.

Brief about 8am Sat then practice at 9am for 30 mins, straight into the race start at 9:30 so really no time for adjustments if you have four riders who all want a practice and refuel for first stint. Make sure your bike is ready to do the whole day before practice! Finish is about 5pm.

Mallory has a 1 hour break for lunch but the bikes are parked on the grid and you can't work on them. If you need to you loose 3 laps and start from pit lane after lunch.

B+B is nice but you will have a much better crack in the paddock there is loads of room for tents, vans, caravans etc.

Hope this is helpful and see you there 🍻🏍💨💨💨

ledwardio

Post by ledwardio » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Thanks Drew, that's a big help. Sounds like it'll definitely be a benefit to us getting there on Friday afternoon. Cheers 8-)

culfy
Rides:: several honda c90's c70 and c50, lambretta li special puch and a honda cbf

Post by culfy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:38 pm

+one what Drew said ,and deffo stop in the paddock Friday night it is a good crack.

lawman
Rides:: ccm, honda, Aprilia

Post by lawman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 am

Thanks Drew.
We will be there Friday

ledwardio

Post by ledwardio » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Friday it is then ;)

I remember Mallory's paddock being essentially a big car park, is the camping on the grass around the circuit?