Tuning my carb help!

Place your Plopping Posts here! Sub forum dedicated to C90 racing, tuning, and plopping!
Jmp
Rides:: 1970 c50

Tuning my carb help!

Post by Jmp » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi, I have a Honda c50 with a race (road legal) exhaust, and the bike is running very lean as expected. There is two screws on my carb, one for idle, and the other the afr. Could I turn the afr screw to make it run a little better, and which way would I turn it? It's a KenJen Japan carb or something like that.
Thanks, JP

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Re: Tuning my carb help!

Post by knapdog » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm

That'll probably be a Keihin though it may be a copy.
Im very general terms, the idle mix screw on the left you should turn inwards for richness and outwards for lean.
1 1/2 turns outwards should give you the "norm" but every set up is different due to the size and condition of the jets,
etc etc.

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Re: Tuning my carb help!

Post by Diesel Dave » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Jmp wrote:Hi, I have a Honda c50 with a race (road legal) exhaust, and the bike is running very lean as expected. There is two screws on my carb, one for idle, and the other the afr. Could I turn the afr screw to make it run a little better, and which way would I turn it? It's a KenJen Japan carb or something like that.
Thanks, JP
The other screw is the IDLE mixture setting - doesn't change anything else.