Is it just me that think these have charm?

Anything else ya ride!
dread
Rides:: lamb chop, vespa cutdown. italjet dragster chopper

Re: Is it just me that think these have charm?

Post by dread » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:59 am

cruncherkid wrote:It's quite a pleasant enough looking thing crammy, very reminiscent of the 1980's 125 pseudo cruisers that were around at the time like the Suzuki GN single and the Honda CM twins.....does it have the build quality and the spares backup though? :shock:
excaliber susuki wasn't it.

dread

Post by dread » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:03 am

SamYamT80 wrote:Had one at a garage near me and asked the repair men what's wrong and said guy was starting it up and failed to start did a compression test and gone the rings had past it after a year,

It does worry you when a full motorbike cost £700 and a brand new Peugeot speed fight engine costs £600 :shock: the motorbike probably cost less £300 to produce.
my full malossi 172 piaggio auto engine cost over £1200 :lol: :lol: :lol: ah better days. lol

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:50 am

The exhaust is a copy of the SR125 yam one, and styling is similar, with a bit of suzuki GN, and Yam RXS chrome guards thrown in, its a bit of a stylistic mess tbh... and a pal of mines has a chinese cruiser sat in her garden, 3yr old n more orange than the tango factory. all that chrome will look good till first shower.

crammy69
Rides:: 1984 C70C (Blue), LML 125cc STAR & Triumph Thruxton efi, li150 Special 1964

Post by crammy69 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 am

SamYamT80 wrote: It does worry you when a full motorbike cost £700 and a brand new Peugeot speed fight engine costs £600 :shock: the motorbike probably cost less £300 to produce.
I see the 'cost' argument vs expected quality a lot in talk of Chinese goods, and of course there is plenty of evidence that production standards and base materials qulaity used can be very low. However the cost issue is also highly distorted by the Chinese government policy of artificially capping the value of their currency which makes their goods ultra cheap in western currencies. Also the average Chinese factory worker doesn't get even a quarter of the average French worker, and forget final salary pension schemes etc which would add another 25pct to staff costs. It won't even be 5 years before china is matching the european production standards as their technology and work practises improve, and then ship em in!

SamYamT80
Rides:: Yamaha ttr250, Kawasaki KH100

Post by SamYamT80 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am

dread wrote:
SamYamT80 wrote:Had one at a garage near me and asked the repair men what's wrong and said guy was starting it up and failed to start did a compression test and gone the rings had past it after a year,

It does worry you when a full motorbike cost £700 and a brand new Peugeot speed fight engine costs £600 :shock: the motorbike probably cost less £300 to produce.
my full malossi 172 piaggio auto engine cost over £1200 :lol: :lol: :lol: ah better days. lol
that was just a standard engine straight from peugeot, tell you one thing they had which was good was the service package they did where you get all the right parts for a service, wish in some ways my towny would have a 2 stroke engine but that would be a V90 :roll:

Read a funny story from China when a workman was working on all these new bikes he couldnt afford he hatched a plane and stole small bits to make a bike over several years he had all the parts and had a brand new motorbike but when he was found out he was told to return the bike back by the police :lol:

dread

Post by dread » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:39 am

my thing with the chinese machines is why crappy chrome them. why not simply powder coat them. and the3n have done with it. if i could find one dirt cheap i'ld have it. to bobber and hard tail it. drop of matt black all over it. propper bo work horse over the winter. 8-)

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:49 am

The later CG125 copys actually had STAINLESS steel mudguards !