Bluroc Heritage 125 ( aka Dax aka Skyteam )

Anything else ya ride!
roadster
Rides:: CT90, CB300R, Bluroc (Dax) Heritage 125, Silence S01,Triumph Daytona 500

Bluroc Heritage 125 ( aka Dax aka Skyteam )

Post by roadster » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:00 pm

I opened a thread asking about the Skyteam Skymax but ended up buying the same bike under a different name. So I though a new thread would make sense.
DSCF5357-small.jpg
This is a nominally Euro5 compliant machine with the Lifan 125 fourspeed manual with electric start.

Initial mods:-

Most significant change was to the gearing. Two extra teeth on the front sprocket (15 to 17 ) have made all the difference. The engine easily pulls top gear from 30 mph upwards and even manages moderate inclines without changing down. Bottom gear was just a wheely inducer and now it is a usable ratio for walking speed.

I also found that a very brutal speed limiter cut in at 50 mph so I have fitted a different ECU supplied by Triton motorcycles. Expensive but works well with the raised gearing.

Front brake pads changed to EBC HH sintered. I like the feel of these pads and they particularly suit my weakening grip ( age!).

For similar reasons to the above I also fitted a slightly longer gear lever because my ankle articulation is inflexible.

For safety reasons I have added an indicator warning beeper. The indicator sliding switch has to be manually centred to cancel.

Another safety feature is a small flyscreen which I have covered in shiny gold vinyl. This tiny machine needs all the help it can get to be noticed.

The rear carrier is a relatively cheap one provided by OOracing, possibly the one used on the Skyteam equivalent.

Those are the changes so far. In the first 100 plus miles the impressions are mainly positive. The only thing I am struggling with is the limited suspension travel on our horribly broken minor roads. The front forks are very crude and the rear shocks seem to be oversprung. For now a cruising speed of forty is comfortable on the revised gearing and when its run in it I'll see how much more is tolerable within the fear factor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Re: Bluroc Heritage 125 ( aka Dax aka Skyteam )

Post by horobags » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:18 am

looks very nice, the Chinese copy's with care and attention can be quite fun bikes for the price.

roadster
Rides:: CT90, CB300R, Bluroc (Dax) Heritage 125, Silence S01,Triumph Daytona 500

Post by roadster » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:08 pm

Now with 200+ miles covered. The suspension has improved significantly, that is it now does move more than 1/2 inch! Feeling a bit guilty about thrashing it so I changed the oil using the correct spec (10w-40) of best quality Castrol bike oil. This had a peculiar effect on the clutch which dragged badly and eventually wouldn't allow neutral to be found with the engine running. I adjusted the cable to increase the throw and its now useable but changes are not quite as slick as before. I also greased the mechanism which operates the pushrod.

I'm just about resisting the temptation to cruise at 50 mph, which is about 7000 rpm on my gearing, it seems more than willing to go faster but I'm at least making some attempt to run it in sympathetically. Curiously enough the speedo is the most accurate I've had on any recent bike or car.

roadster

Post by roadster » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:23 pm

At last a nice spring day has allowed me to test some minor winter work on the Dax. It has become obvious looking at various details on the 125 that Bluroc have taken the 50cc spec and just dropped in the Lifan 125 with hardly any other changes. I have already changed the final drive gearing so that all four gears can be used without over-reving and checking the exhaust system has also shown that it is probably the same as the fifty but for an internal restrictor near the exhaust port being crudely opened out apparently by punching a large chisel through it. So I got out the dremel and grindstone and at least tidy it up to a neat round shape with no jagged bits or sharp edges.

This has made a surprising improvement and it will now rev out smoothly in each gear. 40 mph in 3rd is now painless and top gear will achieve over a genuine 50 mph. Having said that the bike is jumping around like crazy at that speed and doesn't feel stable at all. Its strength is definitely in good pulling power at lower rpm, and provided there is no other reason to slow down top gear will handle most hills.