Honda NAVI

Anything else ya ride!
JOHNBOY
Rides:: HONDA SUZUKI

Re: Honda NAVI

Post by JOHNBOY » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:02 pm

got them now

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:38 am

First impressions, can't help smiling when riding it! Reminds me of the time in 1977 when I swapped my MGBGT for a Citroen Dyane. :lol:

Never having ridden a twist & go before and the last small wheeled bikes were Lambrettas in the 60's I was surprised how stable it is at very low speed, better than anything else I've ever ridden. I'm a bit heavy for it but it gets away quickly up to 35mph, better than the C90 so it's ideal around town, eventually it gets to about 50. Riding position is very comfortable with nice big rubber faced footrests.
Les's biggest problem with it was in coping with the choke and the time it takes to warm up, compounded by the fact that he only started it occasionally. Even with a new Motobatt, kept trickle charged, it turned over slowly at first. It has a light switch so you have to make sure they are off as well. I've used it for 3 days and had no problem so far.
Brakes are very good indeed, I've found myself trying to use a brake pedal a couple of times but I'll get used to it.

I've been asked if it's an electric Grom a couple of times, nobody comes up and says their dad had one but it's another bike that attracts comment. Rochford Town Square was full of Lambrettas and Vespas yesterday, I rode in and out very slowly and got a few dirty looks but I'm used to that as I do that with the C90 sometimes. I have overtaken their run on the A127 in the past on the Kayak as they were slowed down by a Vespa 50. They don't like that. :lol:

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:51 pm

Been using this nearly every day for a month, I'm convinced it's the quickest way to get around locally, especially with all the roadworks traffic lights we have.
First longish ride yesterday to Nells Cafe and Offham which was about 125 miles, tops out at about 50 and reckon it does about 75mpg. 3.5 litre tank so a 2.5l can is carried in the bottom box. Seems to have about a litre in reserve. Speedo has a mph faceplate but odometer is in km, easy enough when you know.
The tail pack carries wet weather gear and I can just get on and off with it in place, Terry had no problem. Seat is OK for about 50 miles but then I'm no lightweight. :lol:

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:38 pm

bikerbaker wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:51 pm
I'm convinced it's the quickest way to get around locally, especially with all the roadworks traffic lights we have.
Yes, it looks like a brilliant solution to busy urban traffic. A proper hoot! 8-)