wave right or wrong for me

Anything else ya ride!
luap
Rides:: xv535 honda cub90 economy

wave right or wrong for me

Post by luap » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 am

i started off with the thought that it would save money if i travel to work on a bike i tried before, i got a xv535 didnt really gel with it. it had a oil leak on the base gasket of the rear cylinder i took the engine out and spent about a year getting round to putting it back in any excuse not to do it, poor light in garage ,to cold ,my back aches, finally done it an the mot ran out about 2 days later .
where i live there is a lot of mud on the road and on a wet day its not very good i changed the bars to flat tracker type bars but its just the weight of it on mud covered lanes i went for an mot and nearly hit /got hit by a range rover we both slid past each other
i took the edge of the rd through the mud skidding legs every where next was mot re test went down the road round the corner all
with 3" of mud except may be 9" to a foot of clear road each side turned left down a bit of a hill and 2 horeses are coming up i was not doing much more than walking pace and slid 20 ft before stopping .after that i rode to work once after bad weather and a lot of the roads were like riding down a river bed .i have 2 miles of roads like this one way or to get to work 1 mile bad mud like a track 4.5 miles of roads that can be bad but most have bean re surfaced since my last attempts and 5 miles of good road .
my partner just read this and said it sounds like you cant ride a bike so i would just like to add im 47 and had bikes since i was
at primary school use to do a bit of trials riding not really in to sport bikes like bikes like xs650 ,xt,dt,x7,rd,cb, cd,but years ago kept finding my self with c90 s for transport not had one for over 20 years an nether had one of them modern ones with metallic paint
any way i thought one of the honda sh scooter things with a tocano leg covers would be good for work and then came across a innova local for sale but it had sold but the man had a wave as well hes mot ing it then its for sale .
so my thoughts are honda wave Heidenau K46 tyres im 20 stone and have a 1 mile long hill to come up
scince having this idea of getting a small bike with a bit of protection from the weather i have watched c90 adventures
and read some of your trips on here i know my brother would love us to do a enduro run like loundon to lands end
and i wanted us to do it on bsa bantams but i now think it would be great to do it on c90 s and some road trips
i think a wave would be better for work but i do like to be able to fix things myself
i wounder how a cub with a big bore kit would compare as i think they are more robust

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: wave right or wrong for me

Post by wightegi » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:53 am

Hi welcome to the club , where are you ? The wave is good but the plastic body work can be damaged . the Cub has less body work to damage.Second hand Waves can be ex pizza bikes so beware .The new Honda super cub out soon is based on the wave with a 125cc engine.Have you looked at the Vision ,check out Scootymans videos in the other marques section down the page a bit .
Lastly stick a rough location in your details ;)

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Post by barker » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:37 am

sounds like you need a landrover,or a on off roader only thing wrong with a wave or inover is pot holes they don't cushion the shock very well they can shake your fillings out

remmington
Rides:: Honda Wave 110i BMW R80RT

Post by remmington » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Sounds like you need an XR200, XR250, TT225 Serow.

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Post by Bogger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:25 pm

You need to move house.

Bogger :|

Harry Notts
Rides:: C90ZZ C100 The Hound/SuBo.

Post by Harry Notts » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Post by raybarber » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Bogger wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:25 pm
You need to move house.

Bogger :|
That's about the most sensible suggestion I've heard. :)

There's a lad here who must be around 20st and he rides a big Chinese Harley lookalike 125 that he absolutely dwarfs. I can't see that a Wave or similar, would be very comfortable for you. I expect you know that the people responsible have a legal responsibility to keep the public highways for clearing up their mess. Keep making a fuss, report them to the police, complain to the Highways dept. It won;t get the mess cleaned up but when you come off, it might help your claim.

luap

Post by luap » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:53 pm

remmington wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:20 pm
Sounds like you need an XR200, XR250, TT225 Serow.
i had a xt225 i sold it to my brother before i moved here hes only just done his test and picked it up 6 months ago he brought it from me 3 years ago .there not great for getting parts for it used to smoke when i got it ,and it was bored right out and i could
not get a new cylinder for it managed to get a piston and tried quit a few bike shops and engineering places an none of them
would re sleave it . i got the bloke who does alot of work for us at work to do it he had quit a job adapting a different sleave
to fit ,its all good now

luap

Post by luap » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm

hi thanks for all your replys in the mean time i have brought a honda cub 90 economy
none runner good compression no battery no rust paint missing where side pannels rub and i just steam cleaned it cylinder head
oily and oily under engine but all cleaned off now.
the add said been standing for 7 years it had a puncher they took the wheel out fixed
the puncher and nether put it back in .the tax disc says 2007 so i would say it was standing for closer to 11 or 12 years i thought the
add said 37,000 miles you could only see the bottom of the 3 which after moving the bike around abit shows 57533 so may be some one had tried to move the mileage back ? im quite happy with it i asked if he had the chain cover an was told o yes its under here
and there is a top box back tyre is still flat as the valve is not attached to the tube and the leg shield is disintegrating
so my shopping list is tube, battery ,oil ,plug, leg shield i think they should all be on the shelf at most bike shops except the leg shield. i even went past a scrap yard yesterday and they 2 scooters ? looked like a vision and city express leaning against a load of scrap the express had a rickman type wind screen so im planning to see if they would like £20 for it on my way home tomorrow
is there any thing to know about buying a leg shield any copies to avoid or best place to get one .

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Innova would handle your weight no problem......Cubs great if you don't mind riding at 25/30 in second gear up hill or against the wind while you've got cars up your arse. Sh300 and any other scooter have always seemed more deadly in the mud than bikes with bigger wheels.

Roads where I live can get covered in tractor mud in winter also and I'm considering what tyres would best suit my cub for this.........any suggestions anybody?