Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Re: Honda CRF250L

Post by Wuyang » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Viper254 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:21 pm
Wuyang wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:51 pm
I'm so reluctant to get shut of it at the same time. That's in a way why I was looking at the crf250l...thought it might give me the same sort of enjoyment as the innova, but maybe less stress on my body.....( but saying that I might find it more harsh on the old body...who knows)
Cheers wuyang
I've had half an ear open for an SH300 for some time now. If you do decide to move on, please drop me a message.
Will do,,,,,,,I am in the middle of considering if I should sell or keep.......I will let you know in the next 2-3 weeks if I'm selling. I bought it off an old bloke who was giving up, bought himself a little mg, the SH was his pride n joy. I've done hardly anything on it since I've had it due to a house move. It's got givi sliding screen which is fantastic and I've just put a new tucano urbano on it which is great. Think it's only got around 6 thousand miles on it. Oil and filter just changed. It's also got proof that the recall has been completed. Not sure when mot is at moment, but around May I'm guessing though.
Cheers
Jonathan

urbanfireblade
Rides:: Ducati Monster 696, Kawasaki GPZ500s

Re: Hond CRF250L

Post by urbanfireblade » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:38 am

Mick-H wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 pm
I've fancied one since I saw HB's but I'm enjoying the Innova to much to swap.
Once the Innova goes I'll have either the CRF or CB500X
Hey I owned the cb500x for a year and at the same time rode a mates crf250m. Would definitely say the cb500x felt all together more of a solid package, I was glad I chose the cb500x over the crf250m, it dealt with daily use returning an average 76mpg, and was fast enough to stay ahead of traffic easily.
I still enjoyed the crf250m, but it’s a slower experience, much softer engine, and runs tubed tires which if you get a puncture is a whole lot more hassle than just plugging the cb500x’s tubeless ones.
Untimately I actually sold the cb500x after a year as it was too boring for me, and my friend sold his crf250m soon after, because originally he bought it to replace his ageing Yamaha XT225 Serow. But quickly found out the crf250m was slower, heavier and more importantly achieved less mpg, he’s since bought his xt225 Serow back from the guy he sold it to!