Honda VFR1200 F

Anything else ya ride!
knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Honda VFR1200 F

Post by knapdog » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:52 am

Just a quick bike comparison for those who may be interested:

Lovely day yesterday so, on the spur of the moment, I arranged a test ride on a Honda vfr1200, chaperoned by billyfix on his cbf1000.

Vfr1200:

It felt small compared to my BMW R1200RT below:

Engine was superb, smooth and like lightning when you opened the throttle........ and I opened the throttle.
Gearbox very slick but much harder pull on the clutch lever.
Very little wind protection.
Not noticeably heavy but felt heavier than the rt.
Don't know whether it has a longer wheelbase but nowhere near as agile as the rt. First bend I came to it wanted to go straight on. A lot of counter steering needed. The RT just goes to wherever I point it.
Forward lean meant my wrists and shoulders were hurting after about half an hour.
Apparently it also has a low range tank of between 110 and 140 miles, which is not great for a tourer. The RT has about 300.
Verdict:
It's not for me. Maybe there would be an improvement with bar risers and trying the DCT automatic change would be interesting. I'm glad I gave it a test ride as I was considering one at the time the RT came along but it's a firm NO.
The RT was an absolute joy to ride back home.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: Honda VFR1200 F

Post by Capitano » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 am

There are some bikes I simply sit on, decide they aren't for me and ignore them forever afterwards.

The VFR12 was one of those. Sat on it at the NEC, shook my head and that was that. 8-)

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Re: Honda VFR1200 F

Post by richie the 1st » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 pm

What can I say about this,ugly/yuk/past the bucket/going to throw up/its ssssssssoooooooooo ugly/ :oops: to just look at one.
Now if I was after a big motorbike
Suzuki Bandit 1250.Rode one some years ago,so easy to ride,power o yes,but my back/shoulder ,too much weight,
Suzuki Gladius 650,now thats much better. :roll: