richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Re: Honda vision 110cc up hill speed

Post by richie the 1st » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Tranberg wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 pm
richie the 1st wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 pm
[after 14.000 miles] ...it got to a stage where things was wearing out,it needed ,
new tyres/front brake pads/rear brake shoes/new belt rollers
That like selling your car when the ashtray is full.
All the listed items are normal wear and tear, and to be expected on a small scooter with rubber band transmission and thus no engine braking to speak of.

£33 for brake pads and shoes
£25 for a drive belt and roller set
£70 for a set of Bridgestone Tyres

It's a Honda, so why shouldn't it make it to 45 k miles without much fuss, with regular servicing?

The original muffler is £388, so when that goes south, it's either a pattern part or say goodbye
I did it,and my ashtay is never used on my car because I don't smoke.And I changed my car too that's my choice. :lol:

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:29 am

Ok, so after trying a couple of different weights of Variator rollers I seem to have found a happy medium of what feels like a reasonable setup. The original roller weights were 15 grams and I changed to 13 gram sliders which were good but kept turning over in the variator. I then tried 12.7 gram rollers which were too light. Coming over the forth road bridge on the downhill stretch, I managed to hit the Rev limiter at 68mph (on the speedo) which told me the variator wasn’t running at its highest gear as I have had the vision over 70 mph downhill before. It also used fuel at an alarming rate (if that’s possible for a 110cc scooter) and felt like you had to ring its neck to get anywhere. I then tried 13.5 gram rollers and what a difference that made. Whilst it’s still not as sprightly as the sliders off the line it’s now back to holding 50mph on the route of my daily commute up the long inclines on the A985 (Rosyth to Kincardine) and also on the A90 in and out of Edinburgh. I can live without the really fast pull away and I’ve achieved what I wanted again with this little scoot.
So far in just over a year I have covered nearly 9000 miles on the Vision and it hasn’t missed a beat through torrential rain, wind and snow (I mean proper snow and not that little dusty stuff you get down south ;) )
In all honesty, as much as I want to upgrade to an SH or the new cub coming soon, I can’t justify spending the money as the Vision is managing my 48 mile daily commute comfortably.
Maybe I’ll change the CBF1000 then :lol:

richie the 1st

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Its a brilliant little scoot scootyman,and I would have bought another one,but the good deal I got with the Peugeot 125 tweet with all the bits
free tax
free top box
free leg cover
free 1st service parts and labour
free fitting of heated grips,i had to pay for them Honda couldn't[wouldn't] do it.and I have to say the tweet is just as good, :)

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:04 pm

That’s funny that you mention the Peugeot Tweet because that’s a scooter that has caught my eye in the past. The reason I initially went for the Vision was the Honda reliability and build quality plus the amount of power that the acg makes would power my heated gear and grips easily. I figured that it’s creating a decent amount of power to keep recharging all the power taken out of the battery by the stop/start function so I thought if I turned that off I could used the additional power created for accessories and it has seemed to work well. I’ve fitted a voltmeter to my vision and it’s never struggling to produce a healthy charging voltage even with all the accessories running.
What’s the Tweet like on hills?

richie the 1st

Post by richie the 1st » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 pm

The tweet scootyman is better then the vision 110,as it has more torque but less top end,its seems more of a low tech engine now it can do 60mph but that's it,It cant do anymore and I don't ask it too do it,now up to approx. 1260 miles I have heated grips on it,because that was on the vision when I got it,all them years not having them,now I like them.
Still see my old vision ,with now 19000 miles up,said I would keep the tweet for 2 years,but when it gets cold,[hate it] will use it more ,so the milege wiil go up more

richie the 1st

Post by richie the 1st » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:29 am
Ok, so after trying a couple of different weights of Variator rollers I seem to have found a happy medium of what feels like a reasonable setup. The original roller weights were 15 grams and I changed to 13 gram sliders which were good but kept turning over in the variator. I then tried 12.7 gram rollers which were too light. Coming over the forth road bridge on the downhill stretch, I managed to hit the Rev limiter at 68mph (on the speedo) which told me the variator wasn’t running at its highest gear as I have had the vision over 70 mph downhill before. It also used fuel at an alarming rate (if that’s possible for a 110cc scooter) and felt like you had to ring its neck to get anywhere. I then tried 13.5 gram rollers and what a difference that made. Whilst it’s still not as sprightly as the sliders off the line it’s now back to holding 50mph on the route of my daily commute up the long inclines on the A985 (Rosyth to Kincardine) and also on the A90 in and out of Edinburgh. I can live without the really fast pull away and I’ve achieved what I wanted again with this little scoot.
So far in just over a year I have covered nearly 9000 miles on the Vision and it hasn’t missed a beat through torrential rain, wind and snow (I mean proper snow and not that little dusty stuff you get down south ;) )
In all honesty, as much as I want to upgrade to an SH or the new cub coming soon, I can’t justify spending the money as the Vision is managing my 48 mile daily commute comfortably.
Maybe I’ll change the CBF1000 then :lol:
9000 miles scootyman,or more now,any chance of a write up.

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Richie.....I know what you mean.

I've currently no bike,,,,like my little geared bikes, my favourite been the innova, cub gives me lower back ache. I sold my sh125i, it was comfy and smooth. Im now left deciding what to buy for fun on the little country roads I go on ( lots of hills.....snake pass etc). Have you tried the mode?
Last edited by Capitano on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed misplaced quote

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:51 pm

richie the 1st

Post by richie the 1st » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm

No just sat on one in the show room,its got a better[flatter] seat,smaller/lighter 20 kilo,s ,less power but more torque,may be next time foe me.