how to mount universal windscreen to innova derivative?

Anything else ya ride!
drago76
Rides:: JMStar JSD100, Honda CB500s 1998, Ex-Yamaha XJ600 1991

how to mount universal windscreen to innova derivative?

Post by drago76 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:17 am

Hello!

As you may remember, i have chinese copy of something like honda innova / wave - plastic thing, 97cc, 13 000 km done, including travel to finland last year.
i decide buy windscreen for it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222259117822?_ ... EBIDX%3AIT

but, once i received it, i realise, it mounts to mirrors mounting plane.

who, on my moped, is burried about an inch bellow plastics.
anyone have an ideas? experience such fit that things?

want to test, how windschield can increase fuel economy, and also, maybe, a top speed a bit ( yet i rare riding on top or near top speed)...;)

Dr_StrangeTrick
Rides:: C90

Re: how to mount universal windscreen to innova derivative?

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:28 am

Hi there, I have one of those screens on my round headlamp C90

You wont get any extra speed out of it :( but it does help deflect the wind off you :D however the little mounts that sit under the mirror's have snapped on mine (cheap aluminium) and I had to get a strip of mild steel and bend to shape

In terms of mounting you would probably need something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victory-Motorcy ... Ut&vxp=mtr

I cant tell from your picture how your mirrors mount but you should be able to pickup up something like this or perhaps make your own?

Hope this helps :D

drago76

Post by drago76 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:39 am

yes,my thing is the same. i lurking around in ebay yesterday, but there is a lot cheap "M10 to M8" than just an M8 extenders.
your one too have price, as it was made from uranium :D
but thing is right, only where find it for good price ( bellow 5 usd) ?

about speed: i read germans innova forum, and they reported, if used small windscreen,and right angle, top speed increase a bit, and fuel consumption get less in general - even in city riding.
if get "big windscreen", then yes - only deflect from wind, and speed even bit less, and consumption bit higher, but that one screen is small enought, and i hope, i can configure it in right way...:)

Dr_StrangeTrick
Rides:: C90

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:46 am

Hi again, yes a lot of people say it helps but not in my experience

But as mentioned I have a 76 round lamp and yours is a lot more aerodynamic so could be different

Biggest for me was to keep the wind off me when I am on the fast roads and in this case, yes it helps a lot :D

drago76

Post by drago76 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

"fast roads"? :-O
i going mostly on about 55 to 60 kph, and my topspeed is about 80 - 85 kph, and much vary from winds, but i drive so fast very rare...:)
at 60 kph, especially in summer, there is no significantly disturbing wind from moving, as so one of my general goal there is get a bit less consumption :)

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Post by barker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:30 am

as others have said you need two mirror risers

drago76

Post by drago76 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:15 pm

barker wrote:as others have said you need two mirror risers
woow, Loncin, bro!
how yours? how mileage?
i get past 13 tkm, and decide to change chain now, before new season. original chinese chain do not stretch even near to maximum limit of adjustment,
but in last time it start slack too often, as so i decide to change it.
both sprockets are not bad, as so i keep originals, just turn it to 180 degrees, to they can work with unwear surfaces.

dont know, where get new rear sprocket for 428 chain, with 37 tooths ( btw, on sprocket is written Z38, but really there is only 37 tooths :-O
seek over ebay, but not find - on mine distance between mounting holes for bolts ( 4) has a 50 mm....

but all in all i happy with my chinese bastard. on travel on finland ( bit more than 2300 km in 6 days, and most distance on 24 hours about 550 kilometres :) ) it was have no issues at all, except of chain, who got to scrub against chainguard time from time on last 300 kilometres of travel, to home, but nothing to complain, especially with the fact, chain during travel no checked and adjusted at all...
actually in this travel moped prove it is stronger, than i am :D

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Post by barker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:30 pm

mines done 9000 miles had a new chain and sprockets at 5000 miles mainly because I wanted to up the sprocket size
WIGHTEGI will tell you all about chains or I think its him

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Well one that man - excellent piece of touring kit - even the Koso AFR gauge (even if it is reading rather rich..)

drago76

Post by drago76 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Diesel Dave wrote:Well one that man - excellent piece of touring kit - even the Koso AFR gauge (even if it is reading rather rich..)
if thats about me, that not AFR gauge ( whatever it means :D) - that was old "koso mini 3" - voltmeter, thermometer, and clock.
cost in louis.de during sales about 25 euro - a bit high, but i do not comfortable, if i cant check regularly voltage in a vehicles energetic network.

absolutely do not want in middle of nowhere without lights, and maybe even, without engine running :)

http://www.koso.com.tw/products-detail. ... =en&id=885