What Honda scooter advice

Anything else ya ride!
Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

What Honda scooter advice

Post by Wuyang » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:31 pm

If I decide to sell my innova I may replace it with an automatic....ideally a Honda....110-125 ( lead would be too short in the leg) what would you recommend

The only autos I've had are a fes250 which I found a bit bland and the seating hurt my hip...(so it's sit and beg only) and sh300 x2 which where truly amazing things....like little sport bikes....just better.

I would only have around £1000......which would you recommend........ I'm 6ft so like my leg room.

My riding is mainly country roads,,,,lots of little hilly bits and the odd dual carriage road.

Thanks all
Wuyang

onittino3
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda Cb500x

Re: What Honda scooter advice

Post by onittino3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:47 pm

The only modern honda scooter I've owned is a 2014 Honda Vision 110, im 6'4" and I fitted on mine okay it would pull 60 MPH if I tucked my elbows in and I weigh 100kgs, I liked it because it was a little scoot but come with 14" wheels, the only down side was everyone said I was to big for it and my arse would be numb after about 40 miles... but i would have another, but then again I have a Fes250 and I love that too :shock:

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:05 pm

onittino3 wrote:The only modern honda scooter I've owned is a 2014 Honda Vision 110, im 6'4" and I fitted on mine okay it would pull 60 MPH if I tucked my elbows in and I weigh 100kgs, I liked it because it was a little scoot but come with 14" wheels, the only down side was everyone said I was to big for it and my arse would be numb after about 40 miles... but i would have another, but then again I have a Fes250 and I love that too :shock:
The vision has tempted me in the past.....how do you find the acceleration and hill starts with it.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Richie has a Vision 110 too and he's over 6' tall.

onittino3

Post by onittino3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Wuyang wrote:
onittino3 wrote:The only modern honda scooter I've owned is a 2014 Honda Vision 110, im 6'4" and I fitted on mine okay it would pull 60 MPH if I tucked my elbows in and I weigh 100kgs, I liked it because it was a little scoot but come with 14" wheels, the only down side was everyone said I was to big for it and my arse would be numb after about 40 miles... but i would have another, but then again I have a Fes250 and I love that too :shock:
The vision has tempted me in the past.....how do you find the acceleration and hill starts with it.
For my size and weight it pulled me just fine never felt like it was too slow on hills or accelerating from a stand still, would get to 50MPH quite quicky and then would take a while to get to 60, but never had any trouble keeping it at 50 MPH.

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:37 pm

onittino3 wrote:
Wuyang wrote:
For my size and weight it pulled me just fine never felt like it was too slow on hills or accelerating from a stand still, would get to 50MPH quite quicky and then would take a while to get to 60, but never had any trouble keeping it at 50 MPH.
Thanks that's very helpful, one more question, how does the drop of your legs feel in comparison to the cub...

onittino3

Post by onittino3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Wuyang wrote:
onittino3 wrote:
Wuyang wrote:
Thanks that's very helpful, one more question, how does the drop of your legs feel in comparison to the cub...
Hard to say I would say theres not much in it, my knees are just above the leg sheild on a cub, even though I sit quite far back on the seat (on the strap) and from memory it was the same on the vision if I sat too far forword my knees would fail the handle bars, so I would say the drop is less on the Vision but not by much, hope this helps

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Yes great help thanks.

stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Post by stevew » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Should be able to get a S-Wing for that. Big bike and worth considering.
Great thing about these bikes you are considering is that there are quite a lot s/h in dealers. Go and get a test ride on ALL that you are considering. Then pop off and buy the one you want. Often the dealers offer a pretty good deal and are convenient.

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Cheers Stevew.........unfortunately I can't do feet forward due to the pressure on my hip.....my fes250 used to aggravate it...

My mates just got the yam 250 majesty and if I drove that for any length of time it would do the same...so sadly dropped feet.