What Honda scooter advice

Anything else ya ride!
richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Re: What Honda scooter advice

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Wuyang wrote:Richie......what setting do you have the rear shocks on.....picked up mine yesterday and they're on the min setting.
On the hardest settings,there are bloody hard,just try on all of them and see.[/quote]

What tyres do you use on your sh125's?

Also do you take your rear wheel off yourself when it's tyre changing time......easy or pain in the ass?

If the tyre shop takes your wheel off how much does it tend to cost?

Thanks for your advice.
Wuyang[/quote]
When I took off for the 1st time,the rear wheel,didnt know,[now do] got to take off the exhurst ,1st,cos I bent the down pipe,so where I worked[at the time] the mechanicls welded it up.
The sh 125,rear wheel is a pain in the arse,to take out,had to have a rear tyre on the 2nd sh 125,so went up to FWR In London,£68, the Honda vision 110,is soooooooooo much better,2 bolts,and 2 header nuts,exhurst off,big nut ,rear wheel out.When you come to change the oil,the sump plug/washer,is very soft,undo it gently,because behind it is a spring,just waiting to let go.

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:28 am

richie the 1st wrote:
Wuyang wrote:Richie......what setting do you have the rear shocks on.....picked up mine yesterday and they're on the min setting.
On the hardest settings,there are bloody hard,just try on all of them and see.
What tyres do you use on your sh125's?

Also do you take your rear wheel off yourself when it's tyre changing time......easy or pain in the ass?

If the tyre shop takes your wheel off how much does it tend to cost?

Thanks for your advice.
Wuyang[/quote]
When I took off for the 1st time,the rear wheel,didnt know,[now do] got to take off the exhurst ,1st,cos I bent the down pipe,so where I worked[at the time] the mechanicls welded it up.
The sh 125,rear wheel is a pain in the arse,to take out,had to have a rear tyre on the 2nd sh 125,so went up to FWR In London,

£68, the Honda vision 110,is soooooooooo much better,2 bolts,and 2 header nuts,exhurst off,big nut ,rear wheel out.When you come to change the oil,the sump plug/washer,is very soft,undo it gently,because behind it is a spring,just waiting to let go.[/quote]

Cheers Richie ....have you seen my thread above about my mates recently acquired vision 110 regarding speed up hill.....if you get the chance can you check it out please....its just a quick question.

Cheers for your help
Wuyang

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:22 pm

I found the gearing too be spot on,after all Honda do spend lots of ££££ getting it right,but the vision does what it does,and it does it bloody well.i just cannot fault it,and I have been riding some 39 1/2 years since I passed my test.And its right up there in my top 3. :P