Wave / Innova FI extra tank capacity

Anything else ya ride!
Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: Wave / Innova FI extra tank capacity

Post by Capitano » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:30 pm

stevew wrote:Nope.....don't want any.
Designed to run forever without attention!

And, what's more once all the plastics are shot I'll make into a Mad Max Mongolian rat type thing :twisted:
Yep, it'll see us out no doubt. There would be a zillion spares available around Asia even if there were none in the UK. You could probably get Mat to parcel some up and send 'em. :)

Funnily enough, before my Cub came along I was going to do the same thing with a Vox that was available locally with carked plastics.

drago76
Rides:: JMStar JSD100, Honda CB500s 1998, Ex-Yamaha XJ600 1991

Post by drago76 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:22 am

Diesel Dave wrote:And still a CG125 wins on a practical touring score......

I've toured all over the UK and Europe on C90's and ANF's but a 125 motorcycle still makes more sense. :D

But when did sensible win when it comes to Brits?
no one can win underbone concept for "practical".

yes, that fuel tank with range of about 200 -300 km ( at the best) is a bit small, and much worse is that thing, you must raise seat to get access to fill tank, but that thing, you can put large rucksack between your legs, and travel comfortable, without put in strain your spine - it is priceless!
and weight carring capacity with rucksack and top case is much more, than on traditional motorcycle top case + tank bag ....

LudetheDude
Rides:: Skorpion 660, Yamaha SRX400

Post by LudetheDude » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:53 am

stevew wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:44 pm
Yup it has so I will be doing the hole punching thing !!
But further on down the line I would like to do something more permanent like I have on the Cub.
Main problem is that it is FI not carbed. Therefore there is a (necessary) high pressure fuel pump in the OE tank to feed the FI system. It isn't possible just to tee in !!
The German Cub (Innova/Wave) forum has been interesting but they all appear to be mechanical and electrical geniuses and I'm just one step up from a hammer and adjustable spanner man :?

My thinking cap on well and truly on but I know for sure that I am going to need practical help from my forum friends ;)
Steve,
Do you have a link to the German Cub group? Would be interested in studying their efforts at extending range.
Cheers,
Lud

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:22 am

LudetheDude wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:53 am
stevew wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:44 pm
Yup it has so I will be doing the hole punching thing !!
But further on down the line I would like to do something more permanent like I have on the Cub.
Main problem is that it is FI not carbed. Therefore there is a (necessary) high pressure fuel pump in the OE tank to feed the FI system. It isn't possible just to tee in !!
The German Cub (Innova/Wave) forum has been interesting but they all appear to be mechanical and electrical geniuses and I'm just one step up from a hammer and adjustable spanner man :?

My thinking cap on well and truly on but I know for sure that I am going to need practical help from my forum friends ;)
Steve,
Do you have a link to the German Cub group? Would be interested in studying their efforts at extending range.
Cheers,
Lud
Steve has sadly passed away recently.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31976

Someone else may have the link you require, though.

Diesel Dave?

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:35 am

Sure, here you go.

http://www.honda-innova.de

LudetheDude

Post by LudetheDude » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks for that Diesel Dave. Looks like I'll be brushing up on my German language!

LudetheDude

Post by LudetheDude » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi Guys,
I've got my own notions about extending capacity (involving collapsible fluid containers and those rubber bleed bulbs you get in diesel cars) however, that's getting a little ahead of myself for now. I bought an Innova last month for £50 seized up. Got it home inn the back of my Suzuki Alto,...
innova edit.jpg
Now I'm renovating the engine. I got the engine out this evening. Anyone know got a manual pdf file or knows of one on line??? I'm a novice on the Innova so thought I'd better proceed with caution. The bikes lovely apart from the engine :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

onittino3
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda Cb500x

Post by onittino3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 pm

LudetheDude wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 pm
Hi Guys,
I've got my own notions about extending capacity (involving collapsible fluid containers and those rubber bleed bulbs you get in diesel cars) however, that's getting a little ahead of myself for now. I bought an Innova last month for £50 seized up. Got it home inn the back of my Suzuki Alto,...
innova edit.jpg

Now I'm renovating the engine. I got the engine out this evening. Anyone know got a manual pdf file or knows of one on line??? I'm a novice on the Innova so thought I'd better proceed with caution. The bikes lovely apart from the engine :-)
Nice one, Haynes manual is available ;) Terry

ally
Rides:: forza 300 v90, v75a, c90-g, fj1200, CG125ES, cb250, ybr250

Post by ally » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm

I was looking into fuel bladders, not legal here in the UK

I have a project for the '90 when I can get motivated using a marine fuel tank (they have internal plumbing)

:)

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:18 pm

I did see a small 12 volt fuel pump the other day for less than £12. ;)