Wave / Innova FI extra tank capacity

Anything else ya ride!
LudetheDude
Rides:: Skorpion 660, Yamaha SRX400

Re: Wave / Innova FI extra tank capacity

Post by LudetheDude » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:45 pm

I've seen some cheap fuel pumps on Ebay and have a redundant switch on the handlebars left over from heated grips. Still, I'd like to keep it practical and simple hence, one of those 'bleed bulbs' and take it from there. I'll let you know how I get on.

remmington
Rides:: Honda Wave 110i BMW R80RT

Post by remmington » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:43 am

Adding to an old thread...

Aux tanks for FI (fuel injected) Wave and Innova's

This week I fitted a camel aux tank to CRF250L a fuel injected Honda. It works by the fuel pump creating a vacuum in the main tank and sucking fuel from the extra tank into the main tank.

THIS SYSTEM WOULD WORK ON A FI HONDA WAVE/INNOVA....

You would need to make an airtight cap for the main tank with a feed pipe in it - the aux (extra) tank would need a breather on the top.

The plus of this type of system is - the extra tank would empty first - before the main tank under the seat - so if touring - unless you had used both tanks of fuel - you would only need to be topping up the extra tank. Plus the fuel gauge would work - the logic - once the extra tank was used up - the main tank fuel gauge would read what you you had left with correct readings.

I am so convinced it will work - I am now hunting on Ebay for a black plastic Honda XR80 fuel tank with a petcock on the bottom - for my Honda Wave 110i. Make a three point frame in the "step thru space".

I reckon the hardest part will be making a fuel cap on a lathe for the main tank. It will need to seal - have a hole - fitting in it for the vac feed pipe - and will need to come off and on easily to refuel the standard tank.

I might buy a secondhand tank for the wave ex ebay and then drill and fit a vac feed pipe in it and then seal the breather in the original fuel cap.

johnr

Post by johnr » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 pm

bumping this up again. ive a carb innova that ive done some work on, next job is to add more fuel capacity. my idea is to move the battery and solenoid to the place where the original airbox used to live and then use the entire underseat storage area and battery compartment area as an additional fuel tank location. ive ordered a spare tank whick i will cut up to allow me to build a double sized tank.

slowboy
Rides:: Honda Super Cub 125

Post by slowboy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Thanks for that. I hadn’t seen the previous thread, but that vacuum system is a potential solution for my Super Cub’s rather tiny tank. Something to think about. Thanks.

kayz1
Rides:: 1977 C70 scott nss300 & ct125

Post by kayz1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:47 am