Zoomer Ruckus / big ruckus

Anything else ya ride!
Mattt
Rides:: Honda c90c Chaly CF70 Yamaha YDS5 Honda CB400n superdream

Zoomer Ruckus / big ruckus

Post by Mattt » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 am

After reading the vox post i browsed and stumbled accross the Honda ruckus and big ruckus ...
Anyone ever had one ,they seem a bit thin on the ground over here,i was toying with selling the riders cub and getting a grom but these seem a bit rarer and i quite like the look of them ,cant seem to see many for sale though

onittino3
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda Cb500x

Re: Zoomer Ruckus / big ruckus

Post by onittino3 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:29 am

I too like the big ruckus, and would buy one, but being rare over here, they command a ridiculous price, but would be an awesome tool for touring, if you like the Grom, they are called the Honda msx125 over here and there's thousands for sale :D

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:48 am

I don't think it was ever a UK (or even European) model offered for sale (the 250 that is).

I like the idea of a 'Battle Scoot', and it would be fairly easy to find a low mileage maxi with trashed plastics and turn it into a 'post zombie apocalypse battle scooter', in the same way folks 'rat' a motorcycle. Add some camo netting and a few sheep skulls, paint it matt black and go to town with the hot glue gun sticking all sorts of shiny useless crap all over it.

I reckon this is the next big thing in the 2 wheeler world, as the supply of round headlamp cubs dries up as they have all be turned onto 'customs' the masses of twist and go commuters that have been used and abused looks like a target rich environment.

onittino3

Post by onittino3 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Maybe I should turn the Fes into a battle scoot, its basically the same engine and running gear as the big ruckus, I've not taken any plastics off it yet, so have no idea what it looks like naked, Dave have you got any pictures of it with no clothes on? :mrgreen:

AE86
Rides:: Honda Dio 4T

Post by AE86 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:09 pm

Zoomers are everywhere in Japan and have a massive following. Lots of issues with the crank bearings on the earlier models, but pop off the "dust" shield on the timing chain side crank bearing (on rebuild) and they're usually good for many many miles until 10 years hits and all the support electrics begin to fail (fuel pump, relays, etc). 100 mpg day in and day out, and love the fact it's water cooled but the ECU does like to play nanny from time to time and shuts the motor down when it thinks it's overheating. 9 times out of 10 it's a pretty solid scooter though.

I don't know anything about the big ruckus though.

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 pm

onittino3 wrote:Maybe I should turn the Fes into a battle scoot, its basically the same engine and running gear as the big ruckus, I've not taken any plastics off it yet, so have no idea what it looks like naked, Dave have you got any pictures of it with no clothes on? :mrgreen:
Never taken them all off - only from the rear to the tank position (because you have to go from the back end forwards = pain in the bum). As with most scoots they look rather 'industrial' once the plastics are no longer hiding all the plumbing - there are also a lot of sharp angular brackets that you would need to deal with either for your own safety or anyone you could potentially maim.

If you were good at panel beating I'd say turn it into one of these-a-like:

onittino3

Post by onittino3 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Unfortunately I'm not that good with hammers, i think i will leave the Fes with its clothes on, its because i like the way the Fes rides i keep looking at the Big Ruckus, One Wheel in Brighton has a few of them...and has had them for well over 6 months', and at the price he's trying to get for them I reckon he will own them for quite a while longer, I would love one but cant justify £3800, for what is basically a naked Fes, I will be keeping an eye on them to see if the prices ever drop.

Diesel Dave

Post by Diesel Dave » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:58 pm

It does mean reverting to riding in full protective gear again....hiding behind full weather protection can be a tad ... seductive..

Scooch down behind the screen, tuck your knees inside the bodywork and turn up the heated grips to 'maximum' and your golden.

Next it will be the full Italian Tucano Urbano blankie and heated single slipper....

Mattt
Rides:: Honda c90c Chaly CF70 Yamaha YDS5 Honda CB400n superdream

Post by Mattt » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:16 pm

I thought £3800 sounded a bit steep,although ive not been watxhing any prices to see what they are actually selling for

I do have a realtice in Florida ,magbe i should look into shipping one over

stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Post by stevew » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Diesel Dave wrote:It does mean reverting to riding in full protective gear again....hiding behind full weather protection can be a tad ... seductive..

Scooch down behind the screen, tuck your knees inside the bodywork and turn up the heated grips to 'maximum' and your golden.
So true, been out today for a 130 mile ride with a group of "proper" motorcyclists (poss "bikers" not sure) on my scoot. Keeps up with all of them and i was deffo the most toasty at the end.
Was lovely :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BTW love that "battle scoot" ;) ;) 8-) 8-)
What do you reckon it is, a baby Burger ?