My New Bike

Anything else ya ride!
Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: My New Bike

Post by Capitano » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:13 am

Dylan wrote:I asked a question regarding the wiring and bulb type on the Mana forum and the response is below. Not sure if this helps Dave?
Stock indicators are bulbs. The Mana does not have a flasher unit as the indicators are controlled through the dashboard computer unit with individual wiring to all four. Front and back indicators are not connected together on each side. Colour of the wires sounds right, but the easiest way to do this is to piggy back the wiring to the original switch so the wiring to the actual indicators is irrelevant.
I can see this circuit in my head but won't muddy the waters. :D

Great bike the Mana.

Test rode one on the same day as I test rode the manual version, the Shiver. The Mana was appreciably nicer. :)

Dylan
Rides:: C90G 1987

Post by Dylan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:42 pm

I think the only option I have as it requires a push to cancel switch on the Mana is to place it here and literally glue it to the top! Not pretty but functional I guess!
I'm thinking glue it in place, wire it to the left indicator and some tape over the top to keep rain out. This switch is an Aprilia one I purchased off Ebay.

onittino3
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda Cb500x

Post by onittino3 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Does look like your easiest option, once wired, you could use some holt melt glue to seal the back of the switch to keep the moisture out, I've used this method a few times with good results, be careful of what glue you use to stick it down with I have in the past had plastics go brittle when using standard super glue.

onittino3
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda Cb500x

Post by onittino3 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:19 pm

Just I thought....do you know anyone or company with a 3D plastic printer, we have one at work which we use for prototyping, maybe you could get a housing knocked up, I know our one uses ABS, a lot of engineering company's are now using them ????

stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Post by stevew » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Oh dear i missed all this..............how remiss of me :(

Dylan................that's a nice bike looks in really good nick. Is that the Cat D one?

Dave................Why :roll: :roll: (though it does look sorta cool in a retro way)

Dylan
Rides:: C90G 1987

Post by Dylan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:52 pm

stevew wrote:Oh dear i missed all this..............how remiss of me :(

Dylan................that's a nice bike looks in really good nick. Is that the Cat D one?

Dave................Why :roll: :roll: (though it does look sorta cool in a retro way)
No, I gave the Cat D one a wide berth. This one, although an older bike is in much better condition than the cat d one and I have all the history with it. It's great, I love it and I will love it even more when I can indicate to turn :D

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:59 pm

onittino3 wrote:Does look like your easiest option, once wired, you could use some holt melt glue to seal the back of the switch to keep the moisture out, I've used this method a few times with good results, be careful of what glue you use to stick it down with I have in the past had plastics go brittle when using standard super glue.
The Screwfix own brand contact adhesive with spray on activator is decent kit.

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:06 pm

stevew wrote:
Because I can't afford a Guzzi Automatica and I want something with a proper torque converter so I can tinker and find a system that will work with a diesel motor.

Besides you know you really want one yourself...

johnxl
Rides:: 85 C90m, 79 XL185t, 62 C102, DR350.

Post by johnxl » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Diesel Dave wrote: I went a different way for my new auto......
I'll match your cb400a

And raise with my Husqvarna 500AE (automatic)

I owned both bikes around the mid 80's.
The cb400a was flogged almost to death as a dispatch bike, with a Rickman Tempest fairing and Motad exhaust. Fantastic bike and would love another.

The Husqavarna 500ae was a beast, no clutch, no gear lever, just a little lever on top of the gearbox to engage the gearbox once the engine was started.
It had four centrifugal clutches. Once started,(which was a bitch with a really high left hand kickstart, 500cc and tons of compession) this thing was fast, finding traction when other bikes were spinning the rear wheel.
I had couple of clubman golds, but a seized piston 8 miles into the Welsh Two Day Enduro.

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:18 am

Wow - that looks.....'Purposeful'

I have the Hondastyle (Rickman) airing and panniers and have just bought the top box to match.

I just need the bike to run as it's been idle for many years and the carbs are being.....problematic...