The Current Fleet (ever changing)

Anything else ya ride!
Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: The Current Fleet (ever changing)

Post by Pjam » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:46 pm

My first bike (not moped) was an RD 250, quick, braked and handled. In Aberdeen that was :) 'The Drum Straight' on the North Deeside Rd, That's where we went to see what a bike would do. :twisted:

Ratcrunch
Rides:: 83' Yamaha RD125LC 93' Yamaha SR125 rat bike 02' Rieju MRX125 09' Yamaha WR125X

Post by Ratcrunch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:41 am

Yeah thats right I only have a provisional I really should get on & do my full test as Ive had a provisional almost 10 years Im 27 in May Im the most long winded person on the planet & keep telling myself Im gonna do it but instead of kidding myself I really shoul just get on with it .
Ive had a few bigger bikes which Ive just bought & sold on at a profit, I had a few 250 Hondas, a VFR400, a ZZR400 streetfighter which I swapped for a Suzuki DR250, I also bought a ZXR400 & a GPZ305 as a pair once too & my dad bought a Renault 19 16v off the bloke too so we managed to get a good deal on all 3 & Ive also had a GPZ600R which was lovely & a Suzuki RF600R which was not so good until I sold it to my mate & he had it for a few years.
I did have an RD350LC a 1981 model which was in fairly good nick for its age & I truly regret selling it because I paid £300 for it & sold it for the same price to get my first DT125R I was a bloody idiot that was the time that I should have done my test & I would love another 350LC but they make mega money now :cry:

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:40 am

even rd125's make silly prices these days, i sold mines for 50 quid to the breakers, cos i couldn't find a replacement swingarm anywhere (wish tinternet was around then!) and seen them going for couple grand in good nick. i am determined to have another quick stroker (oo err missus!) at some point, nothing beats that ring ding ding ding sound on the overun, and the sheer acceleration as you hit the powerband of the particular bike... bit scary if its mid corner though! the fact there just so tuneable, and relatively easy to work on, no need to worry about valves, camchains, clearances etc.

pjam.... i know the drum road well, other faves were up to mar lodge for a nights camping and blatting about on the roads up round braemar, sad to say boys we have better biking roads up here, especially further north, glen garry, the black cullins in skye, down into argyllshire and glencoe. great twisties and great scenery. now i want a bigger bike to go touring! :D

Ratcrunch
Rides:: 83' Yamaha RD125LC 93' Yamaha SR125 rat bike 02' Rieju MRX125 09' Yamaha WR125X

Post by Ratcrunch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 am

I paid £450 for my 125LC which was probably too much really seeing as it has no tax or mot but its recently had an engine rebuild & its been fully rewired too which is rather refreshing as most 125s Ive had over the years have had the wires all chopped about & I spent several days trying to rewire my last LC upside is it taught me a bit about electrics on bikes.
Ive got a few bits to put on this one & its pretty much ready for an mot but Im gonna wait & keep it in the warm for another month or so I really want to get the paintwork a bit better but I will most likely wait until the weather gets nicer or use it as is for the summer & totally rebuild it in the winter & get the frame & swingarm powder coated & give it a proper respray.
We have one or two good biking roads in Norfolk but to be honest the further North you go the better the roads get :)