Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Anything else ya ride!
dmw1950
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:07 pm
Rides:: Yamaha townmate/ Deauville/FJS600/CBF600S
Location: Chatham Kent

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by dmw1950 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm keeping an eye on the facebook Forza 125 club, it does exceed 70mph, I have road tests from the model launch where the testers were all impressed with them. But over £4000, the price is steep for a 125. On the forza site some have got 78mph Sat/Nat recorded speed on a flat road.

pd110961
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:38 pm
Rides:: triumph bonneville

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by pd110961 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:13 am

I have the a 2004 innova 125, but now modified a bit (see my other posts). in standard form it will pull 50 mph nearly everywhere, touch 60 after a while on the flat. I did 2 fuel checks on my weekly commute and managed 120mpg !

seat not very comfy though.. ok for my 9 miles each way. brakes good. handling good too for such a light bike.

pd110961
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:38 pm
Rides:: triumph bonneville

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by pd110961 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:14 am

dmw1950 wrote:I'm keeping an eye on the facebook Forza 125 club, it does exceed 70mph, I have road tests from the model launch where the testers were all impressed with them. But over £4000, the price is steep for a 125. On the forza site some have got 78mph Sat/Nat recorded speed on a flat road.
4 grand for a 125? Jeez!

User avatar
Capitano
Posts: 2364
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 pm
Rides:: '92 C90, '11 Kwak W800 & '05 Peugeot Ludix
Location: West Sussex
Contact:

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by Capitano » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:28 pm

pd110961 wrote:
dmw1950 wrote:I'm keeping an eye on the facebook Forza 125 club, it does exceed 70mph, I have road tests from the model launch where the testers were all impressed with them. But over £4000, the price is steep for a 125. On the forza site some have got 78mph Sat/Nat recorded speed on a flat road.
4 grand for a 125? Jeez!
They are selling though, which means the price is right for the market at the moment. It's only steep if they are sat in showrooms not out on the road.

Buyers are perhaps not bothered about the stigma of the 125 capacity, focussing more on it being a comfortable scooter with good fuel economy, Honda build quality and capable of exceeding the National Maximum Speed Limit by 7 or 8 mph.

User avatar
wightegi
Posts: 6290
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90, Gl5oo silverwing ,suzuki GS500F
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by wightegi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:04 pm

+ 1 on that and a potential 300 mile range makes it even better.

barker
Posts: 2413
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:38 am
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncin
Location: west sussex

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by barker » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:30 pm

yes ive owned a innover liked it apart from the seat , that's why I got rid of it, could only manage twenty miles on it, tried cushions but no better, at the time I was doing 40 mile trips every fortnight ,to hospital the sh is easier to ride in traffic no gear changing and comfortable well better than the innover plus it holds more petrol, since my knee opp I have found a flat floor a godsent

horobags
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 pm
Rides:: c-90 12v, cb500x
Location: scruffy old mancfester..

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by horobags » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 am

Capitano wrote:
pd110961 wrote:
dmw1950 wrote:I'm keeping an eye on the facebook Forza 125 club, it does exceed 70mph, I have road tests from the model launch where the testers were all impressed with them. But over £4000, the price is steep for a 125. On the forza site some have got 78mph Sat/Nat recorded speed on a flat road.
4 grand for a 125? Jeez!
They are selling though, which means the price is right for the market at the moment. It's only steep if they are sat in showrooms not out on the road.

Buyers are perhaps not bothered about the stigma of the 125 capacity, focussing more on it being a comfortable scooter with good fuel economy, Honda build quality and capable of exceeding the National Maximum Speed Limit by 7 or 8 mph.
Quite right, i bet if you didnt know it was a 125 and rode one, then you would be very suprised when you found out it actually was a 125, they are a very capable maxi scooter.

unclejohnse
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:16 am
Rides:: C90,Daelim citi,Honda ape,Yamaha RD400, Honda wave 110i

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by unclejohnse » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:37 am

Just a few words on parts prices for wave110i
I recently had issues with a wave and was astonished to find that the fuel filter was £83 and the o ring for the fuel sender unit was £20, plus vat of course, and no doubt postage on top as no dealer near to me. The fuel filter consisted of not much more than a plastic gauze with some filter material inside so quite how the justify £83 is beyond me.
The cam chain was £30 inc. and was made in China! After paying £10 for a c90 one inc. that was a DID Japanese one the wave prices were a bit if a shock. The wave items were Lings Honda prices but I guess they would be the same at any Honda dealer

User avatar
ally
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:51 pm
Rides:: dr750, mz skorpion traveller, v90, v75a, c90-g, innova fi, fj1200
Location: lincoln
Contact:

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by ally » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 pm

did a recent trip from lincoln to caterham (jct 6 M25), ~170 miles. I've done this a few times on the c90 but thought the innova deserved a run

sits happily at 50mph, 60 no problem, can creep higher if need be, head wind on the way down to cambridge 155mpg, from there to caterham 142mpg, returned straight away as mum not in (sheesh!) and got 164mpg and 132 miles on the first leg back with a tailwind now

around 8 hours in the saddle and wasn't too bad considering, needed to move around and change riding positions, was very sore for the next few days which is more to do with my health than the seat I reckon

also what does 'sustained high speed' equate to for changing to a cooler plug?

a tank range of around 200 miles for all the bikes would make life a lot easier

I've been trying to decide on an extra tank, purchased the frame for the gx tank but really wanted something that is easily demountable so thought a boat fuel tank would be good, purchased a couple off ebay which were way bigger then they looked (!) but have settled on a 11.3 litre tank:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317 ... a51303.jpg

fits nicely in the top box (or rack if no box), will have a play plumbing it in shortly with a quick release fuel connector

:)

User avatar
Diesel Dave
Posts: 10187
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:25 pm
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left
Location: Brentwood, Essex

Re: Honda scooters 125cc or less....what you had?

Post by Diesel Dave » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:47 pm

I've posted this in the past but it might be useful.

When we did the Innova trip to Spain back in 2010, I fitted 10litres of extra fuel plumbed in, the tank could either be inside the top box (an LP record case) or outside as shown below.

Image

There was an electric pump in the top box too as well as a tap on the side or else the system would continue to flow after the pump was switched off because of the syphon effect - this would flood the main tank.

Image

It didn't show when inside the box, this is important for ferry crossings, but once completed placing the tank on the rear seat freed up space inside the box.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest