BAOTIAN BT 110-2 RED / MOPED 110CC

Anything else ya ride!
Bowman
Rides:: Honda RS Super Sonic & Smashed Baotian BT110 (cub derivative)

Post by Bowman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:52 pm

So I've got the opportunity to get one of these on the cheap - looks like a Cheeky Chinese Cub copy.

Does anyone know much about them?

Cheers
Bowman

Rickster
Rides:: MZ ETZ250, Vespa PX200E, Piaggio Typhoon 125, Puch MS50D, Yamaha Townmate T80

Re: BAOTIAN BT 110-2 RED / MOPED 110CC

Post by Rickster » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:50 pm

A friend of mine worked at the Baotian dealers in Paignton. As I expected him to say, they are not as good as the Cub its derived from. He hated the switch gear on them saying this was brittle. But hey, for £300 this one sounds a nice bike.

mzrc999
Rides:: Baotian BT110 (cub derivative) XJ600

Post by mzrc999 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Dear all,
Check out my thread, 'The Long Way Down' on the riding stories index. My Baotian 110 took me all the way to Spain! A brilliant (if rather slow) bit of kit!
Steve (mzrc999)

Bowman
Rides:: Honda RS Super Sonic & Smashed Baotian BT110 (cub derivative)

Post by Bowman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi Steve (mzrc999),

Yes I read this with great interest, well done, what a great adventure. Along with some of the other stories it has certainly given me motivation to do a 24hr JOGLE.

Well I purchased the bike a week last Friday and a day later managed to crunch 2nd gear :oops: - have now stripped and re-built the engine/gear box with my mate 'Nutter GLC90' and it's running very smoothly. My plan is to try the bike out for a couple of weeks and then start planning the 24hr JOGLE adventure.

I thought the way you managed to fully load the bike with panniers etc was great - you could hardly recognise the bike. lol

Cheers
Bowman.

mzrc999
Rides:: Baotian BT110 (cub derivative) XJ600

Post by mzrc999 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

The little rack between your legs is pretty useless - unless you buy a dead cheap school type rucksack and cable-tie it in place! Suddenly it becomes a brilliant bit of extra space. I do love my stupid little step-through though - it really just kept on going. Fuel is a problem though - just like a cub (indeed the tank seems identical) it doesn't go far, so you need a spare tank.
Steve

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:48 pm

well just agreed to buy one of these off a relative, its a 2008 bike, 1200 miles on clock (its kph speedo so says just over 2000, so that would be 1200 miles or so) i went to pick up those px50 peds but they was in shocking condition compared to the photo the guy had supplied...so i refused to buy them, and as my relative had mentioned they had a "scooter" in the garden a honda... lol turns out its a baotian BT110-2 2008 model... a cub copy, so can see why he called it a "honda" his sons bike, the lad had dropped it on a roundabout at a low speed, 10-15mph, he busted the left indicator, and front panel it attaches to, couple scrapes and a cracked speedo glass, he was asking 150, i bidded him 125 quid, he said ok, lol he let it go cos he couldn't get the panels, one call to the importers, and i can get the parts to fix it for 75 quid... gonna pick it up friday, order the parts, and fix it before shoving it in for its first MOT.

Q is i know these are cheap bikes, but are they any good? cant complain a 2008 bike with low miles for couple hundred quid eh.

Black Sheep Radical
New kid on the Comel
Rides:: CT90, Восхо́д, 50ZZ, Fusion, C90, Helix, Comel

Post by Black Sheep Radical » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 pm

My only experience of Baotian is that of a kid who lives across the road from me who bought a BT50 (twist and go scooter) a couple of years ago. After an assortment of minor niggles it suffered major engine failure (big end bearings) with about 1000 miles up. He tried to get parts for it but at the time they weren't easy to obtain and it was dumped on eBay at a big loss. Having seen it close up I was shocked at how badly made & put together it was, even compared to the abused Aprilia SR50 I was riding at the time. Snotty frame welds, wiring running through holes without grommets, bodywork that fitted where it touched etc.

Having said all that I'm guessing the BT-110's mechanicals are essentially pit bike stuff so if it does go wrong bits are cheap and easily available. And despite my cynicism, at 3YO for the money you're talking I'd be in there meself :mrgreen: You have the makings of a fun project there, I reckon.

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:24 am

well i figured the 2 mopeds were tiny and rough...really rough, so for less than i was gonna pay for them i acquired this basically new but not great bike, but hey for the money i figured the engine would fit my cub if i couldn't get the parts, luckily i can. when i get it and when i have to replace the damaged panels, im gonna replace all the wiring connectors, check the welds, get them rectified if i have to, and waxoyl inside the frame members, and replace the cheese head fasteners with decent ones and rust convert and paint the welds with hammerite or such. then give the engine a damn good service, new oil, plug, etc, i know front pipe of exhaust is tatty, chrome plate on them is crap, so im gonna paint that with high temp black (i got a whole tin laying around), and as silencer chrome is ok ill polish that then stick some acf50 on it, same with other areas like wheels etc. if i can get a couple of years out of it before it goes bang, then ill be laughing..... first thing im doing is taking off the tacky decals... its a antique gold/bronze coloured bike if the panels are scratched up im gonna do it orange and back...i cant remember how scratched the unbroken panels are.

ive no experience of chinese bikes, my sis had a CG copy 125 as her learner bike for a yr, she said it was ok for the money, but did say the electricals had gremlins hence me doing all the connectors, fuses etc n replace with decent bits (ive a collection of torpedo connectors already, and heatshrink etc, so wont cost much except time to fettle it) and she said the fuel n brake lines were crap, so they are a instant replacement, bikes been laying a while so fuel will be drained and new pipes, and new brake fluid and pipes fitted... after all don't wanna kill meself over a silly thing like that.... if i get a yr or so out it i may just use it as a basis of a sleeper, stuff in a decent pit bike engine, and scare some chavs on there speedfights. incidentally whats top end for these? im reckoning if set up properly, maybe with a better carb... it be good for 55-60mph? since its got a few cc on our cubs and 5 cogs instead of 3... would that be a fair guess?

Cerberus73

Post by Cerberus73 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 pm

well i went to pick up the boatian up today, the plastics are faded, and it needs 2 panels i hadnt planned on, and the left footpeg is bent... took her for a test run she changes gear easily enough, but seems revvy compared to the cub, on a plus note the engine has only done 271...yes thats right 271 km since new, i thought it was 2700 km... but i had misread before. so this bike has basically a new not even fully run in engine. on a negative the brakes were a bit binding, as bike had sat 6 months in all weathers. and the plastics are in a state, it needs all front end plastics and the legshield etc on left. indicator on left and new speedo, as glass was smashed when he dropped it.

I have to say after taking her for a run, she felt dodgy compared to my cub, i didn't feel confident on her, the brakes were spongy and rear rubbed a bit. other downsides were really crap chrome, and gear pedal needs shortening, i wonder if a cub one will fit, for a big guy ive small feet, so heeling and toeing up and down the box is a non starter with the existing lever, its made for bigfoot it seems! plus point is the front has properly damped tele forks, so from what i can see once i pick up the plastics, and i can pick up decent rear shocks, the bust indicator and speedo, she will mot easily, but if i still feel unconfident on it, i will sell it on i think. we will see.

Cerberus73

Post by Cerberus73 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 pm

ok priced up the parts with the uk importer... bloody scary prices! exhaust alone is 90 quid... could get 2 proper cub ones and change for that! in total all the panel work and parts to fix it up would be 190 quid... and if i wanted the exhaust another 90 on top... sod that. so engine is coming out and she is being split for spares.