Another Chinese bike, but this looks quite nice!

Anything else ya ride!
wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Another Chinese bike, but this looks quite nice!

Post by wightegi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:21 am

Or has it got Seimans fuel injection :? in true chinese style.

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:05 am

wightegi wrote:Or has it got Seimans fuel injection :? in true chinese style.
i think it's a French bike built in China and the road tests re-iterate the Seimens bit

buzz500
Rides:: Yamaha xv920 Trike, Norton ES2,Honda fes 250,s90

Post by buzz500 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:52 am

Love the look of this bike,but,being of Chinese origin,am naturally,dubious.I have had various Chinese brands over the years,and in general,with very regular maintenance,were not all that bad.However,a particular one,A lexmoto valencia,was equipped with a stator marked "HITACH" and a flasher made by "LUSAC". Would like to know more about the "SEIMANS" bit,is it just a typo? Still would have one though,looks nice and retro.
Buzz

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:33 am

buzz500 wrote:Love the look of this bike,but,being of Chinese origin,am naturally,dubious.I have had various Chinese brands over the years,and in general,with very regular maintenance,were not all that bad.However,a particular one,A lexmoto valencia,was equipped with a stator marked "HITACH" and a flasher made by "LUSAC". Would like to know more about the "SEIMANS" bit,is it just a typo? Still would have one though,looks nice and retro.
Buzz
yes, a typo by F2....The website says 'Seimens'... http://www.mashmotorcycles.co.uk/

I think I'd put flatter bars on it though.....It'll sit back and have light vague steering with those cowhorns on if my SR's and my W650 were anything to go by....

Chimp
Formerly c90cpc
Rides:: 1965 CT200, 2013 CB500X, 2013 Grom, 2019 RE Bullet Trials

Post by Chimp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:37 am

And siemens is good kit? I work with a lot of Siemens gear at work and reliability is not what most would expect from a supposedly top quality german company ;)

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:57 pm

Chimp wrote:And siemens is good kit? I work with a lot of Siemens gear at work and reliability is not what most would expect from a supposedly top quality german company ;)
Dunno but they've been involved in small motorcycle Fi since around 2001 so i expect we'd have heard if it was dodgy!

jammy james
Member formerly known as james cub
Rides:: 1989 Honda 90 cub (elec start!)1988 honda cub. 2010 Suzuki fl 125 address+

Post by jammy james » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:17 pm

slightly ot, but I was in that dealer a while bike collecting a bike for work. Out the back he has a mint Allegro vp model!! ps the guys a touch odd...

stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Post by stevew » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

My local dealer has the 400 in stock so i'm going to try to have a look tomorrow. Don't know how he will feel about me taking pictures but if he's OK with it i'll post them up here.

digger06

Post by digger06 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Jon wrote:
Chimp wrote:And siemens is good kit? I work with a lot of Siemens gear at work and reliability is not what most would expect from a supposedly top quality german company ;)
Dunno but they've been involved in small motorcycle Fi since around 2001 so i expect we'd have heard if it was dodgy!
probably,
but they did manage to feck the system up they developed for vosa, to an extent that they lost the contract, so, not perfect,
it was not the hardware though, it was mainly the software....

time will tell with these bikes, reliability will be important as everyone is used to jap reliability and expects no less,
it wont be a good seller imo, this style of bike is limited in appeal,(in England) and the masses usually want more performance nowadays,
personally, whether this is better than an indian or not, I,d go indian,
......or w650.....
I personally think its too dear for a Chinese bike,
but as time goes by, Chinese stuffs getting better, and therefor, dearer

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Well it hardly matters. The road tests don't mention any issues, the warranty is for two years and modules like that are inherently reliable anyway. The system is actually a joint venture by Seimens and an Aussie company called Orbital who developed the direct injection two stroke system used on small Aprilias along with conventional Fi for single cylinder bikes. While some Fi' applications, notably Triumph and KTM were initially a bit dodgy, it seems a remap can solve any running issues and I'd imagine getting them right is probably easy with the years of feedback and experience the industry has had. Wouldn't worry me in the slightest...I'd be more interested in the quality of the fixings, paints and chrome...