honda anf 125 windshield

Anything else ya ride!
Mbev51
Rides:: Honda cb250, innova

honda anf 125 windshield

Post by Mbev51 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:40 am

hi
I've just bought a genuine nos honda windshield for my 2004 innova. I won't be fitting it for a few weeks as me and the bike is in france. I seem to recall that there was a post somewhere saying these were prone to stress cracks. Can anyone give me any information about it and suggest anything I can do to stop it happening. Whats the benefit of a windshield on an innova?

JohnS
Rides:: .2019 Honda C125

Re: honda anf 125 windshield

Post by JohnS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:19 am

There's a clue in the name Windshield,ie it shields you from the wind."Simples" :D

Vk/Leeds
Rides:: Suzuki uh200

Post by Vk/Leeds » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 am

All the official Honda screens crack around the upright arm mount positions that's why they stopped making & supplying them , you can drill a tiny hole into any spider cracks to stop them from getting worse hopefully ! :? ! I now run the Puig screen which seems very good quality but we shall see ? I previously used a cheap aftermarket job which although wasn't as good quality lasted on my old bike 5 years plus and hit the deck a couple of times but never cracked although it carried it's battle scars with pride ! 8-) !
I love the screens and it keeps lots of crappy flies and rain off and helps on the longer journeys , mine is currently splattered but it is something you either like or hate ! :o ! After a while you forget it's there ! :D ! I don't think that any speed gain is achieved things are pretty much the same with or without , so I would fit the screen and enjoy ! ;) ! when or if it does crack when it gets too bad replace with another brand .
Cheers Vk. :D .

spikeyboy60
Jehova Empress
Rides:: 1975 RD200A-2018 Kawasaki X 300-1973 C70 1982 C90C 1982 Camino

Post by spikeyboy60 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:47 pm

I've got a Puig one on my 09 Jehovah
As VK says,it keeps the wind blast off and the flies but I find it creates more noise unless you tuck down behind it...do this and you look a right T*T though :D :D :D
I just use earplugs and it's great

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:03 pm

i have the genuine Innova screen on my 2010 injection innova. Mine was off a showroom demo bike, an '06 if i recall and when it arrived had a small crack on the top left mounting hole.

Mindful of the stories about cracking and recalls I tried a couple of things. first, I ran a hot soldering iron (the fatter bit of the element down from the tip) around the drilled inner edge of each hole, the idea being to melt and flow the drilled perspex edge and perhaps prevent cracks from starting.

Also, the fitting kit was missing one of the two 20mm by 12mm steel spacers which lift the screen's brackets up from the mirror holes. I went to B&Q and found some similarly sized hard plastic adhesive grey 'feet'. These were partially hollowed out so I again used my soldering iron and a drill and melted/drilled an appropriately sized hole through the feet to accept the mounting bolts and so mimic the function of the metal spacers. I also bought some washers that were about right to go above and below to 'sandwich' the feet 'spacers'. the hard plastic is not so hard as to not allow a slight amount of flex both back and forth when wind buffets the screen, and critically (I think) allow the brackets to twist and find their natural position when fitting so they are not twisted and stressing the screen where they bolt up to the perspex.

I also made sure i didn't over-tighten the screen/bracket nuts and used extra rubber washers.

I have done around 3000 miles now, mostly pretty much full speed and the original crack has not grown at all and no further cracks have developed. I'm pretty sure I've solved the problem...

the only slight downside is that flat out, the screen leans slightly back and the mirrors need a slight tweak up from where they are when the bike is still!

I get the impression the Innova reaches it's top speed a little more frequently with the screen than without, with it usually sitting at 65 indicated and nudging 70 with a light trailing wind or a bit of gradient. I also feel the Honda screen is perhaps a little 'faster' than the Puig I had on my last 2010 injected innova...But that may be more to do with the fact the 'new' bike has nearly 19,000 miles on it compared to the 12,000 miles on the old bike when it was nicked...

laugar
Rides:: honda innova 125i 2010(sold) ,honda innova 125i 2008,CB 500 1996

Post by laugar » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:08 am

Ive got a Honda windshield that came with the mrs innova,but as I do 40 mile trips on motorway now,i put it on mine.
Its tinted which is good in daytime but takes getting used to at night.
Its about chin level on me,so I im not sure whether im looking over it or under it.Ive started hunching down on the motorway to cut down on noise etc,i cruise at 50 mph.
No cracks yet in 3 weeks of use.

steveindenmark
Rides:: Moto Guzzi 1100i, Moto Guzzi Cardellino 65cc, Yamaha XT 250 Serow

Post by steveindenmark » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:40 am

I have had a Puig screen on for the past 8000kms and have no problems at all with it, I dont even have the wind noise problem that Spikey has. Mine is so quiet that I have a loudspeaker attached to the screen and can hear the music from my phone OK.

Not only does it stop the rain from blasting me, it also stops windchill. I have been out on it in winter at -12. God knows what the windchill would be at 40mph but I am sure I couldnt stand it for long.

I like my screen.

Steve

Robblo
Rides:: Honda Innova 2004

Post by Robblo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi. I Wonder if Puig windshield will fit to my Innova
2004, I searched and I cant find the one for this year.
I asked Puig, but they just tell me that they dont have
a screen for my bike.
For me all models from 2003-2011 looks similar, but
I am not an expert.

So i ask you guys for help.
Is it some changes from 2004 to 2005...2011 at the
steering panel or fairing that will give me trouble
when i try to fit a screen for a newer model.
I am pretty handy so maybe i can fix some adapter.
But i would will listen to your opinios and advices frist.
Thanks
Robert

Thomas O
Rides:: Honda ST1100 and soon the Honda ANF125 innova

Post by Thomas O » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:13 am

steveindenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:40 am
I have had a Puig screen on for the past 8000kms and have no problems at all with it, I dont even have the wind noise problem that Spikey has. Mine is so quiet that I have a loudspeaker attached to the screen and can hear the music from my phone OK.

Not only does it stop the rain from blasting me, it also stops windchill. I have been out on it in winter at -12. God knows what the windchill would be at 40mph but I am sure I couldnt stand it for long.

I like my screen.

Steve
Hi Steve
I'd like to know where you bought your screen as I have the same desire to fit one on my 2004 innova.
Regards Thomas O. also from Denmark

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:32 pm

Steveindenmark has not bee here for a while, google puig screen for Honda anf innova ;)