Innova economy

Anything else ya ride!
Jon

Innova economy

Post by Jon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:41 pm

My innova had it's inlet manifold bolts missing so the manifold was literally away from the head. Despite this the bike was averaging around 116 mpg. after I fixed it the bike did 124 mpg, the next tank was 127 mpg and it's just done 90.5 miles on 3.02 litres....137 mpg. :o :o :o

The injected innova will do a true 60 wide open, but it will do a comfortable 50 (true speed, not speedo speed) on half throttle, at around 45 it's in around 1/4 throttle.

that gives it a range at normal speeds of 100 miles with 10 miles left in hand. The last fuel digit starts flashing when you've used 3 of the 3.7 litres

My C90 wasn't that good by a long shot....

ll81
Rides:: CBF125 Z250SL

Re: Innova economy

Post by ll81 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:22 pm

I measured mine once and taking it steady was over the 150 mpg mark, normal riding was pulling about 120 mpg. Can't remember what my C70 was but I do remember the Innova worked out better.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:03 pm

You can get another half litre in the tank as well...same as the cub. ;)

Mbev51
Rides:: Honda cb250, innova

Post by Mbev51 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:37 pm

can you explain about the extra fuel.

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 pm

wightegi wrote:You can get another half litre in the tank as well...same as the cub. ;)
i always brim mine but I've never worked out how much fuel it actually takes as I've never put more than 3.5 litres in.

If it IS possible to put 4.2 litres in that gives a stock injected Innova a range of 125 miles on a tankful and in my case, an extra 30 miles after that from the one litre reserve bottle I carry.
So why do people always cite the small fuel capacity as a fault. Nothing wrong with 125 miles at 50 mph in Cub terms...

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Post by barker » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 pm

I have not had my innover long so have not tested on milage all I know is one minute its half a tank and the next the light is flashing I rode 8 miles home on a flashing empty last nite how far will they go once the light flashes

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Punch a couple of holes in the sleeve in the filler neck as per cub.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:50 am

barker wrote:I have not had my innover long so have not tested on milage all I know is one minute its half a tank and the next the light is flashing I rode 8 miles home on a flashing empty last nite how far will they go once the light flashes
Once run-in and cruising at around 50 mph on half throttle they'll go around 30 miles on a litre. Mine starts to flash the last digit when it's used 3 litres...on the last tank that was 90 miles, so 30 miles per litre.
I fill it right to the tip, squeezing the last bit in slowly and it usually slightly overflows as you pull the fuel nozzle out so if it DOES take 4.2 litres in total it'll do a further 36 miles with the single digit flashing. If you reduce speed you could easily stretch that past 40 miles.

I also carry a one litre pre-mix bottle http://www.amazon.co.uk/2-stroke-Oil-Fu ... mix+bottle in the underseat storage bin which of course will give me a further 30 miles at normal speeds and possibly as much as 50 miles at 30 mph if i'm really out in the sticks on a Sunday night...

ll81
Rides:: CBF125 Z250SL

Post by ll81 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:08 am

wightegi wrote:Punch a couple of holes in the sleeve in the filler neck as per cub.
Made a nice improvement on mine, goes much longer before the first digit goes out. Makes filling up quicker too with less chance of overspill, just have to make sure I don't put it on the side stand with a freshly full tank otherwise it dribbles out.

tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

Post by tom robinson » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:38 am

Ive got a Suzuki Address not unlike a Innova,the tank holds more than the Innova but i use the "squeeze another half a ltr in" just like i do with my cub but i never do this filling up method unless i am about to go on a ride and burn some fuel of,i would imagine the space at the top of the tank is to allow for fuel expanding.
The fuel gauge on the Address isnt brilliant,after filling the bike up i ride for 30 mls and its still showing full,when it goes into the red it dosnt have much left you cant see any fuel in the tank.
I carry a spare innertube and some leggings and tools in my underseat storage but i am thinking of not carrying a spare tube,pump and tyre levers....i might live to regret that decision but i could then carry a ltr of fuel instead...
I might get a Trianga bottle instead and mount it on my homemade legshields....
I have done 110 mls on a tank but the gauge is in the red at this stage,i dont know how much it takes to fill it up as i always keep a few gall of petrol at home as i i hate waiting at fuel stations to fuel up and pay,maybee i should mesure my fuel when filling up at home in order to work out my fuel consumption,i do know this bike is more economical than my 85 C90.
A friend of mine has just parted with his Innova 2010 for a Yam YBR 125,his only problem with the innova was the short fuel tank range,he goes camping with his bike and he was fed up unloading/loading his bike in order to fuel up,his Yamaha does over 300 mls on a tank.
I would gladly do away with a underseat storage and have a larger fuek tank.
tom