Engine oil för the Innova

Anything else ya ride!
Oden
Rides:: Honda ANF 125

Post by Oden » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello and thank you for letting me be part of this community! :)

I have a small question to you and that is if it is possible to use motor oil for cars in the Honda ANF 125 -09?

Grateful for answers.

/ / Oden

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Engine oil för the Innova

Post by Newtsalad » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi Oden, Welcome to C90Club! :D

I think the reason you've had no replies, is it's a very contentious subject, which oil to use.

The subject gets as heated as our little engines!

Please use the search facility at top right, and you will find just about everything there is to know about oil.

There is no definitive answer to your question. Just pro's and cons.

Have a read and you'll really have to pick out the bones of it for yourself. I'm sure you'll be better placed to make a decision, ;)

Cheers! :D

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

The handbook for the 2009 Innova lists the oils suitable;

This is verbatum;

API Classification; SG or higher EXCEPT oils listed as energy conserving on the circular API service label.

Jaso T 903 standard; MA

Viscosity 10w-30 or 10-40 depending on temperature...10-30 for very cold climates.

'Your motorcycle does not need oil additives. Do not use oils with graphite or molybdenum additives. They made affect clutch operation.
do not use API SH or higher oils displaying a circular API "energy conserving" service label on the container. they may effect lubrication and clutch performance

So basically any oil of SG or higher which doesn't have the energy conserving logo on.