Pizza treatment

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
Dumelang
Rides:: Honda Lead 100cc 'SuperSport'

Pizza treatment

Post by Dumelang » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:24 pm

I love the fact the this listing has been advertised with a solo seat being promoted as an 'extra feature' :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0512711760

cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Re: Pizza treatment

Post by cruncherkid » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 am

Not saying this is a hard and fast rule, but genuine bikes also tend not to stray too far from their home area, usually an old geezer who's pootled it from new..... VV on the reg is Northampton bit of a way from Weston, and no dealer mentioned on the reg plate, simple details......unmolested genuine ones are a gut instinct, you just 'know' when you see one. Must say though, frame appears pretty nice for a brazilian one, some of them are dire!

Cruncherkid

Dumelang
Rides:: Honda Lead 100cc 'SuperSport'

Post by Dumelang » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:14 am

cruncherkid wrote: Must say though, frame appears pretty nice for a brazilian one, some of them are dire!

Excuse my naivety, but can you tell me how to spot the difference between a Brazilian / UK (bike :) ).... and are they often crappers? Many thanks

cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Post by cruncherkid » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:58 pm

jgt75 wrote:
cruncherkid wrote: Must say though, frame appears pretty nice for a brazilian one, some of them are dire!

Excuse my naivety, but can you tell me how to spot the difference between a Brazilian / UK (bike :) ).... and are they often crappers? Many thanks
The Brazilian ones came in around N Reg 1993/4, if you notice the long VIN plate in the pix, the Japanese ones have a much more square one :) From experience, the Brazilian ones are far more prone to rot if not cared for than the Japanese ones! Build quality on the Brazilian ones in general is just not as good, poorer metal and thinner paint....but like anything, there are some very nice well cared for ones out there!

Cruncherkid

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Also all south american cubs (and copies) seem to favour the handle arrangement behind the rear shock.

Glenn
Rides:: Honda C90T 96 on S plate, Street Triple, R6

Post by Glenn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 pm

I have a threaded hole behind the rear shock on my cub and i think it is for the handle!