Basic economics again

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
0to50in1hour
Rides:: Honda cub

Basic economics again

Post by 0to50in1hour » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:24 am

I only get £10 a week spending money. I can't save up fast enough to buy a c90 cub the way they are going up in price ! It's madness. If anyone has got one for sale , I could go up to a grand .

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Inflated cub prices

Post by Newtsalad » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:21 am

You should get something for that, if you get on the case and look hard enough.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: Inflated cub prices

Post by Capitano » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:00 am

With a grand in my hand I'd have one by next weekend. ;)

Alternatively possess your soul with patience and pick one up in November when the temperature drops, or January, post Christmas.

That's when the supply/demand graph skews a little towards buyers. Not much, mind, but enough to maybe make a difference. 8-)

Shortstraw

Re: Basic economics again

Post by Shortstraw » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:08 pm

They certainly have gone up in price and I've just had to dig deep to buy one, but I wanted one so what can you do. Just be careful and if you can view it before buying. I used to travel all over for a bike, but now days I've been using couriers to bring to me through the shiply website where the couriers bid for your custom. Thing is if you don't see the bike in the flesh and just by some pics on eBay like I just did it's a big risk......I was sold something that was supposed to run beautiful, when truth be told it ticks over.....and runs like a pig. There are genuine bargains out there still to be had, but there getting harder to come by, if you can put a wanted advert on here....you never know your luck.