FOUND / Recovered Cub in Tottenham

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Re: FOUND / Recovered Cub in Tottenham

Post by Alan CF » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Ok Sorry for the long delay in reply, here is the chaps email, he takes about a week, dont bore him with all the details, just give him the frame number and model,

yodi@blueyonder.co.uk

If he takes longer then a week then send him a Gentle reminder, he is very busy, But he will do it, :D

JOHNBOY
Rides:: HONDA SUZUKI

Post by JOHNBOY » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:30 pm

i always thought dna/bluewater the police could scan these with a gun type veiwer i may be wrong

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:25 pm

I've just been down to Tottenham Marshes, Stonebridge Lock, and I didn't find any abandoned Cubs. :?:

passengerpidgin

Post by passengerpidgin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Well as it says in the ad "I love these bikes and couldn't bear to leave it under a hedge!" - even if I had, to be honest it would have taken some rummaging to locate it as it was in the kind of obscure location only a real mushroom fiend would dare to tread!
Sorry, had i known you were going to try and find I would have said something.
Always good to spend a bit of time down the tottenham marshes though, I hope you agree.

Well, the police have finally been in touch again.

"So the bike you found. Do you have the chassis number to hand?"

"I've reported the frame and engine number on every occaision i've called"

"the what?"

"I've reported the frame ... chassis.. number and engine number each time i've called"

"no you haven't.
oh.. hang on, you have. I'll call you back"

Well eventually he called back and he was like "The bike is Off the Road (SORNed?). Not stolen. Very old isn't it. F reg? Oh wait i shouldn't be telling you that. F reg, what is that, 1988. Probably scrap metal?' as i look over to the corner of the room where my beautiful F reg cub gleams solemnly wincing at the words "scrap metal".

When i explained that it had definitely been stolen in some meaning of the word (i.e. a hot wiring attempt had defnitely been made, regardless of whether someone had reported it missing), and said that I'd gladly try and salvage it myself if given the green light, he suddenly sounded a bit out of his depth and put me on hold.

then about 5 minutes later he's back and says that they're going to pay a visit on the last registered keeper and see what they have to say about the situation - dunno why they haven't done that ages ago to be honest. Then he seemed to suggest that the bike was insured despite being untaxed and SORNed.

I was a bit worried as I hung up that I might have accidentally reported the frame number of my own bike (hence the F registration plate and SORN status) - but mine is also uninsured so hopefully that's not the case, that would be well embarrassing.

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Dont worry, if you did report your own frame number, Then the silly copper would have taken your name/details down before hand,
and replied to you saying Hang on the bikes in your name.....But he never, :) Either he is as thick as Sh1t... or he is a copper. :D :D

passengerpidgin

Post by passengerpidgin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Got it back to the owner eventually, thanks everyone for the support. Tight arse never gave me a reward tho! Lol

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Ar*ehole. Where was it stolen from?

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Post by raybarber » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 pm

passengerpidgin wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 pm
Got it back to the owner eventually, thanks everyone for the support. Tight arse never gave me a reward tho! Lol
Did you get a thankyou? Maybe he was strapped for cash but from experience, the tightareses tend to be loaded.