Classic Motorcycle Supplies Netherlands (a.k.a. CMSNL)

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Classic Motorcycle Supplies Netherlands (a.k.a. CMSNL)

Post by George » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Since we are now living in a world of abbreviations and codes, we need to supply codes to our local Honda Dealers to make sure that we get what we want. I tend to use two sites :

- http://www.cmsnl.com/
- http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/

Why I use them? They have microfiche databases. So you can see your part, where it goes and what's around it.

Why I use both of them? I would only use CMSNL but if you have a newer bike, it tend not to have microfiche for it (it has the parts for almost all bikes new and old but the microfiche system is not used for newer ones). So I use Bike Parts Honda for Innova and my Transalp for instance. Besides seeing and getting your P/N, you can actually buy the part form both sites. Never tried bike parts Honda but I've bought from CMSNL since the Little Cub is a bit funny. The Little Cub is a Japan only model and Honda UK won't supply you with specific parts. (will supply only if the P/N is used on a UK bike) and that is why I had to buy from CMSNL.

Good thing about CMSNL is that you can register onto the site and this is why I've created this thread. Registering may sound a bit of a waste of time but it's not... at least for me it's not.

I have registered, I have searched for my bike by using the VIN (the safest way) and there, you can add that bike to your vehicles. :D

This is how my list of vehicles looks like :

You can add a small description of the vehicle (they have a forum of some sort) and other private info like REG, engine number, VIN, frame number and so on. Oh! And you can add up to 5 pictures of your bike if you want to go for an overkill.

So now that you have all your vehicles added to 'My Vehicles', every time you go on the site and you login, you are two clicks away of getting the microfiche of your desired bike.

For the sake of this example, let's say I want a frame for my 1998 MY C90 which is back in my home country. It is a R110 red C90 General Export Model (KPH). Now... I go on BUY PARTS for that vehicle and this is what I get:

Now I scroll down through the microfiche list until I see the frame... and here it is, under the FRAME BODY microfiche :

Click on that and...

There it is... the parts in this microfiche and the frame... the frame is No. 4 on the microfiche... scroll down and check the list of parts found in this microfiche called FRAME BODY. Number 4 on the list is the frame. Note that the coloured parts have the colour codes shown so you don't end up getting a different colour. I know mine is R110 thus I will choose the first No 4 on the list and this is it :

I have the price, the original code etc... so this is called 'Body Comp.*r-110*' and has the code '50100-GB6-761ZC'. If you send this code to your local dealer, they will supply you with this exact frame.

Hope this helps you guys as it helps me. Have fun!

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Classic Motorcycle Supplies Netherlands (a.k.a. CMSNL)

Post by Newtsalad » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Nice article George! :D

George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Post by George » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:05 am

Forgot a step along the guide. After clicking on BUY PARTS for the vehicle you choose, the microfiche will need to be accessed by you. The default menu is a cascade type menu which is hard to use. So in order to get the microfiche menu, click on that 'Also available' microfiche image. Here is where :

Hope this helps. :D

Enjoy!

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Very good.
Cmsnl is always a little vague for general browsing as their "given years' models" are sometimes not the exact ones you're looking for. Still, the exploded diagrams can be very useful. I've often thought of printing them off on to A4 and laminating for workshop use.