Hello

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Dr_StrangeTrick
Rides:: C90

Hello

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi everyone, im Matteoman's farther. Im sure I have been mentioned a few times but its about time I registered myself so here I am :)

I want to say a big thanks to every for helping me to get my 1976 C90 back on the road, there has been a fair ammount of blood sweat and tears over this bike but its been worth it.

My first ride was my mum's Honda P50 when I was old enough to ride (the one with the engine inside the rear wheel) and I used to pedal start it to get it running but it was so slow I used to pedal away from traffic lights even with with the throttle wide open.

This was upgraded to BSA something or other, (my mums again) I cant remeber but someone hit me and I took it apart but never put it back together and to make up I went 50/50 with a newish Yamaha Passola.

This was a nice scooter I had me, my friend and his dog on the running board going uphill at 35mph, amazing for a 50cc but my mum had an accident on this and that was the end of it.

My next bike was a brand spanking new Kawasaki AR125, I got one almost as soon as they were released into the UK but one year down the line and some toerags stole it (chained to a lampost outside my girlfriends flat)

I loked this bike, I passed my test and had my jets lifted and expansion chambers fitted. They could hear me coming from the other side of Walsall and I got 96mph two up on the M6 heading south to Coventry.

Anyway with the insurance money I got a used Susuki X5 200 and what an appauling bike this was. I wanted the X7 250 but couldent afford it and I wished I saved up. Top whack was 80mph and I used to ride to work from Walsall to Dudley every day but I had to keep changing down and up to keep my speed up and althought it had a large tank the filler cap was on the side so I had to keep filling it up every other day so I got rid of it and that was the last bike I rode and that was nearly twenty years ago.

I work in customer services for a software house and perform internal ICT duties along with maintaining the companies mobiles for the Solihull site so if you guys need any help then please ask.

So once again, hello and I hope to speak to you all soon :D

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Hello

Post by wightegi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi and welcome at last I am sure that you have seen a lot on here before ,the one thing you wont know is that we have a lot of fun when we get together so it is well worth the effort to get to one of our meetings.

Dr_StrangeTrick

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi Wightegi, I intend to but I need to get everything working first.

My biggest problem is battery/charging, I have a new battery and with the lights off if I check the voltage across the battery with the engine running I get 8v, with the side lights on I get 6.7v and with the headlight on the voltage drops to 5.4v :cry:

If I drive with my headlight on my bike conks out after 10/15mins so all I can do is daylight driving for now.

I have changed front and rear bulbs just in case as the original bulbs were over thirty years old but only negligible difference, I tried a rectifier from Maplins and once again only minor difference so I'm not sure what else.

If I'm getting 8v peak then I assume the generator etc should be good, but I'm not an expert. I'm good with a soldering iron and I know my way round electrics to a good level but I'm not sure about this.

So as soon as I can keep my lights on I'll be there :)

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

There are quite a few posts about 6 v electrics, and I am sure someone will come along soon who knows the answer .

Dr_StrangeTrick

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:22 am

No probs, ill post in the main forum and thanks for saying hello

cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Post by cruncherkid » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:03 am

Welcome aboard indeed Dr_StrangeTrick!! It's quite amazing how many people are on here with other relatives or partners as members too, really makes for a 'family' feel to the whole cubbing experience :) I totally agree with wightegi on getting out for some runs with us, it is just such an absolute hoot and there's an amazing array of friendly people to meet :D
Enjoy it here, dive right into the banter.....this forum is all about fun and these awesome little bikes :)

Dr_StrangeTrick

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 am

I'm looking forward to it

Hopefully Matteoman can start his restoration soon and my youngest has expressed an interest also so we may have a threesome in the near future.

matteoman
Rides:: None. Few months time? Honda c70 and Honda C100 which i own both

Post by matteoman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:48 am

Ill be able to start rebuilding my c70 soon as my grandad decides to weld it up for me hes had it for near on 2 months :(

cant wait to ride myself like my dad says we'll be out on weekends and trundling around different parts of the UK at weekends etc.

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:50 pm

matteoman wrote:Ill be able to start rebuilding my c70 soon as my grandad decides to weld it up
Hang on :) grandad! that's 3 generations :shock: I do hope he's gonna join the Club too :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D

Dr_StrangeTrick

Post by Dr_StrangeTrick » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Well you never know, but I think it would have to be a diesel bike that weighs 30tons and has multiple axles ;)