Greetings from Luxembourg

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Mitch41
Rides:: CB50/SS50/Z50J1/CY80/DX90

Greetings from Luxembourg

Post by Mitch41 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi,

my name is Gabriel Honnert , 47 years young and I live in Luxembourg.
I collect and ride small Honda's since the age of 16, mainly Dax'es and a CY80, but there are many more in my barn (CB's CD's SS XL asf), most of them not in a road-worthy condition (my wife calls them "junk"). :D , but I prefer the term "future projects"
In between all that ju...euuu, ....projects is even a C50 which I got as a basket case.

My reason to join this forum is because I am interested in the C90-C engine.

My other hobbies is old cars, hot-rods and the like (I drive an '41 half-ton Ford PU, running on exotic parts, hence I call it the Ford-Frankenstein) and I spend some years with control-line model airplanes (stunt and various classes of team-racing).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gabby aka Mitch41

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Re: Greetings from Luxembourg

Post by Cerberus73 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:29 pm

welcome to the forums, you may just be first luxembourger yet... there is a belgian though, and a dutch guy. but most of us are from the UK, with the odd aussie, and american etc. interesting collection there, a good few bikes we never got here in the uk, i especially like the bottom image, what model is that exactly?

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi Gabriel, welcome to the Club. Good to see you here. :D

That's a brilliant collection of bikes....... and Honda's too. Excellent. The Cb50 is not something we see in the UK much..... which is a shame.

Perhaps you can help me Gabriel? I bought this the other day, I know it's from a Z50 but nothing else!

Mitch41

Post by Mitch41 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Cerberus73 wrote:.... i especially like the bottom image, what model is that exactly?
Hi,

that hybrid bike is basically a Honda CY 80. I like to play with Honda parts and I reassemble them in a way Honda could have done, but never did. So this bike has the front and back luggage racks removed along with the big speedometer and the ignition switch & control-lights unit, the gas tank is from a Honda XL50 , the seat is a shortend SS50 item, the headlight with the integrated speedometer and the headlight support come from a Monkey replica. With the lower handlebars the bike fits into my car which it did not do before.

The idea was to create a bigger "Monkey" with a vertical engine, hence the use of "off-road" type tyres.

Mitch41

Mitch41

Post by Mitch41 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Pjam wrote:Hi Gabriel, welcome to the Club. Good to see you here. :D
That's a brilliant collection of bikes....... and Honda's too. Excellent. The Cb50 is not something we see in the UK much..... which is a shame.
Perhaps you can help me Gabriel? I bought this the other day, I know it's from a Z50 but nothing else!

Hi,

you are absolutely right on CB50's , that was my first bike some 30 year's ago AND I still own it :mrgreen: . see the pic
Especially the "F" type with 5 gear and all the goodies (which the slow "J" type lacked) that made them run like hell much to the surprise of the dominant Kreidlers and Zuendapp's that used to rule the roads.

Concerning your fuel tank, I am pretty sure it comes from a Skyteam replika Gorilla. The Gorilla is a variation of the J2 type monkey that has a 8 liter instead of 4l fuel tank, a different seat and a stand-alone (rather than headlamp integrated )speedometer and ignition switch/control lights unit.
http://www.iscde.de/html/gorilla_replika.html

Mitch41

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 am

Hi and welcome I think you have nailed Pjams tank question there. A lot of us over here are into all sorts of cars and vans campers and the like .Some of the members are having a trip over to france soon, Pas de Calias... which I would like to do but I will be at Le Mans aggain this year..

Blackcountry Pete
Rides:: The clown bike, Burgman400,SH300,STD 50 Cubra

Post by Blackcountry Pete » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Welcome along 5 of us travel through Luxembourg last summer on way to the Czech Republic we found it a beautiful country, very clean with friendly people and cheap petrol ;)