Derby newb

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
whitebear
Rides:: Honda C90 E

Derby newb

Post by whitebear » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:07 am

I'm a newb on here and a newb to a vehicle on two wheels.

Took my Blue Honda C90 E on the road for the first time today after passing my CBT in the torrential rain on Sunday and I absolutely love it. I'm a bit disappointed to find more rust on it than first thought (being a newb I didn't check it properly) and the left rear indicator stalk is broken so the indicator just hangs down flashing opposed to 90 degrees to the bike, but I hope to get it looking shiny new asap. I've already looked at a new stem and it costs less than a tenner :D The rust i'm a bit more stumped on and concerned with. Anyone suggest any books to help me with any work I need to do to my bike :?:

It was born in 1985, the same year as me so that was an added bonus of buying it.

Anyway that's enough rambling from me. :D

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Re: Derby newb

Post by Leiba » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:46 am

Welcome to the mad world of Cubs.
Rust is considered a four letter word on here and in the wrong place you may have a problem. That wrong place is at the back between the rear shocks. I'm not an authority on that but there has been plenty of discussions about it on this forum so you should be able to find something to read about it until some one more knowledgeable turns up.

sinbad72
Rides:: Honda C70 C (Blue)

Re: Derby newb

Post by sinbad72 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:52 am

Hello and welcome to the C90 club. You'll find all the information you'll need on here by looking through all the different sections. Dont be afraid to ask questions either. We like lots of photos here. I'd suggest, if you can, to take photos of your rust so we can see how bad it is and take it from there.