New to the forum

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
nikin
Rides:: Honda C90

New to the forum

Post by nikin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:06 pm

My UN is Nikin. After selling my Fireblade, the wife told me to ! She said I was too old at 65 for a 180mph motorbike and I would kill myself.I had to get back on two wheels. So I bought a C90 Cub. Ok its not a blade, but I never dreamed what fun it could be pottering about at 50 mph. bouncing and lurching all over the place. In my youth I would have taken it apart and refurbished the engine, alas I cant stand the cold of the Garage. So I am looking for someone in south Devon preferably to do a refurb job for me. Any suggestions ?

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: New to the forum

Post by wightegi » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Hello and welccome to the mad world of cubs...Speed is not one of the reasons for a cub but the fun and even smiles off other people make it one of the best bikes ever.We have a few members in devon so if you give your location ,town village near or whatever some one may be close. What needs doing a lot of info is on here ,to stop bouncing around fit better rear shocks some use honda CG125 ones or Fuzz on here sells some very good ones. If you look at the events thread you will see the new forrest southerners meet in august just turn up no need to book and you wont be the oldest there ,most of all have fun :D

mvnick
Rides:: c90,lambretta,vfr800, mv agusta f41000

Post by mvnick » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm

hi and welcome

great fun to own a cub as said loads off info on here :)

im in north devon but there are a few from devon on here

cheers nick

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

nikin wrote: Ok its not a blade, but I never dreamed what fun it could be pottering about at 50 mph.

:D

You'll be Ok when the warmer weather comes...... and it'll with you a long time before the rest of us UK members can feel human again.

These bikes are a pleasure to work on and it also reminds us of what the hobby is all about. :D Does the bike need anything in particular done?

nikin
Rides:: Honda C90

Post by nikin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi Guy's thanks for the welcome. I am in Wembury South Devon. Dont get me wrong I like bouncing around at 50 mph. Suits me fine! CC for CC it deliveres more fun per mile than the Fireblade. :!:
The little engine needs points, timing, possibly new timing chain, valves setting, carb and possibly clutch. I can get the engine off but the eyes and things dont work as well as they used to on clearnances and tight spaces anymore. I can do the simple things but not these.

ayjay
Rides:: honda c90 ,x reg

Post by ayjay » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:09 pm

hi nickin, ive just refurbished a 1981 honda 90zz , i,m nearly 60, if you need any info this is the place to ask!, :D
p/s
work on your bike in your bedroom, as i do- , its nice and warm :lol: