Another C50 newbie

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Re: Another C50 newbie

Post by cruncherkid » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:48 am

Cubster wrote:I'm currently filling out a V765 form, and I have an old tax disc. Do you know if I still need to contact an approved club? If so, which one?
Many thanks in advance.
Hi, have you tried V62 + £25 first? They aren't always shown on dvla computer using the 'checker' ....have managed to get quite a few back this way ;) If the V62 application draws a blank, you get your £25 cheque back anyway....so nothing to lose.

If you end up having to go the re-reg route, you'll need a dating certificate....there's a chap at Copmanthorpe near York who does the datings for NACC, so nice and local for you :)

If you need any help, drop me a PM :)

Cubster
Rides:: Honda C50 '67, C50 '76, C50M '73 & Yamaha XJ900S '96

Post by Cubster » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am

cruncherkid wrote:
Cubster wrote:I'm currently filling out a V765 form, and I have an old tax disc. Do you know if I still need to contact an approved club? If so, which one?
Many thanks in advance.
Hi, have you tried V62 + £25 first? They aren't always shown on dvla computer using the 'checker' ....have managed to get quite a few back this way ;) If the V62 application draws a blank, you get your £25 cheque back anyway....so nothing to lose.

If you end up having to go the re-reg route, you'll need a dating certificate....there's a chap at Copmanthorpe near York who does the datings for NACC, so nice and local for you :)

If you need any help, drop me a PM :)
Yep, already been down the V62 route and I received my cheque back together with the V765. Do you think the chap at Copmanthorpe can help? Have filled out the V62, I have the last tax disc from 1976 (in perfect clear condition) and a couple of good photos.

Would really appreciate the help as I want to get it on the road ASAP.

I'll drop you a PM later, thank you :)

Cubster
Rides:: Honda C50 '67, C50 '76, C50M '73 & Yamaha XJ900S '96

Post by Cubster » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Finally kicked off a project thread :)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8249