I`m not new & neither is the Honda

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
eyejay
Rides:: C90P

I`m not new & neither is the Honda

Post by eyejay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello. Just to introduce myself to the club. I`m retired & have bought a 1996 Honda c90-p to "do-up" as a winter project. I have never done anything like this before. so it`s a steep learning curb. The bike has had 10 previous owners and there`s over 33K on the clock. I think it was a London knowledge bike, so passed from one cabbie to another.
So far everything that I have touched has been broken, the worst being that the bolt holding the cam roller had been taken out and the roller dropped into the engine, the bolt replaced & the bike ridden. This has also resulted in the teeth on the oil pump pinion wearing completely away - no lubrication . so I am in the middle of a complete engine rebuild.
The good bit is that the frame is not too bad corrosion wise and is currently down with Griffs in Bristol for stripping & powder coating, hope to get it back this week.
Just want to say how usefull I have found the information available here on the forum when doing the strip down.
Keep it up & thanks.

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: I`m not new & neither is the Honda

Post by Pjam » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi eyejay, welcome to the Club :D

I envy you with that winter project, you'll love it :) Main thing, as you pointed out, is the rust in the frame, so your off to a good start.
So far everything that I have touched has been broken

That's what I'm like with repairs :lol: you will in time get to appreciate that the Cubs are really very good quality!

Just want to say how usefull I have found the information available here on the forum when doing the strip down.
Keep it up & thanks.

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:11 pm

eyejay wrote: the worst being that the bolt holding the cam roller had been taken out and the roller dropped into the engine, the bolt replaced & the bike ridden.

:o :o :o Amazing!! :lol:
Welcome to C90Club! :D

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Hmmmmm yes, that sounds like a London knowledge bike alright. :?