New C90 owner

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Drago
Rides:: SYM GTS 250i & Honda C90

New C90 owner

Post by Drago » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi my name is Ben, I'm 24 and live in Devon.

I've being riding automatic scooters since I was 16 (2004). I hold a full auto license
and so am stuck to auto/semi-auto bikes. I currently own a SYM GTS 250i Maxi Scooter.

I recently acquired a low mileage G reg C90. I bought it to act as a back up bike and to bimble
around on accasionally. The reliabilty and cheap running costs also attracted me to a C90. Another
thing that attracted me was the semi-auto gears, at least it make it a bit more interested to ride than
an auto.

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: New C90 owner

Post by Pjam » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Ben and welcome to the C90 Club :D

These little bikes have got a BIG character ..... many of us have fallen in love with the Cub :) give it time and you may find you'll want no other bike.

Change the oil now and then again in 500 - 1000 miles. 10/40 semi synth, never fully synth. ;)

Have fun here.

dread
Rides:: lamb chop, vespa cutdown. italjet dragster chopper

Post by dread » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:03 am

welcome brother DarkSider 8-) :twisted:

Black Sheep Radical
New kid on the Comel
Rides:: CT90, Восхо́д, 50ZZ, Fusion, C90, Helix, Comel

Post by Black Sheep Radical » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Another Muppets refugee :lol: Welcome aboard!

tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

Post by tom robinson » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:58 pm

And on a more serious note,check engine oil level regular,they nearly all use some,change oil regular,check Tyre pressures regular,oil and check adjustment of chain,they tend to get forgotten as they are fully enclosed.These bikes do vibrate a little and its best to spend 5 or 10 mins.a week on checking nothing has come loose.
The C90 is a great bike,ive owned and used mine for over 25 years with no problems and no work done to the engine at all,ive changed the engine oil regular and ridden the bike sensibly ,i usually cruise at 45 and 55 downhill or if the wind is in my favor
The gears are auto but you can use the clutch by depressing the gear change lever either up or down and holding it,after a little while you will find that other than the initial take off you can change gear as if on a "normal" bike, you can flip the throttle when changing down to enable engine revs to match road speeds.After practice you find you use this method all the time,well i do and my bike is still going strong after 25 yrs of service for me.
Ive owned many bikes in my time but the c90 cant be beaten in town and city ridding,the last "big " bike i had was an 850 cc and wasnt as good to ride in town and city traffic and boy could it use fuel,my car was more economical !
Good luck with your "new" bike you could end up preffering it to your scooter

tom
ps.when changing gear dont "stab" the shift lever,just press it up or down firmly and hold the gear lever for a couple of secs then gently let it off.
Personally i dont use the heel and toe method i use toe only but thats probably because my early day riding was with bigger bikes with normal gear change arrangements.

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:19 pm

tom robinson wrote:Personally i dont use the heel and toe method i use toe only but thats probably because my early day riding was with bigger bikes with normal gear change arrangements.
Get into the heel!! It's a joy to use and saves your shiny shoes! ;) I even put a Cub heel n toe lever on manual clutch bikes!! :lol: