Advice club 50

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Jos
Rides:: Now none , have a Honda 50

Advice club 50

Post by Jos » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:53 pm

Hi guys !!
Just joined this group as I’ve finally decided to get an ole club 50 I have up and running , iam a mechanic living in cork city so the mechanical side isn’t an issue , my questions are regarding parts

She’s starting amd driving , plastics and indicators all cracked , broken and missing , blowing compression out the side of the cylinder probably a gasket

My question is , I’ve heard good things about the Honda copy complete engines , 125 , comes with loom , bolt on job , have any of ye guys used this engines ? Also Iam thinking just buy new spurious plastics , indicators etc , normally I’d like second hand genuine , but with this bike I think I’d be happy with new fresh spurious parts , once the quality is reasonable

So I’m hoping some of ye guys can give some advice on my plan , thank you for reading this and thank you in advance for any if any advice I may receive, thank you Jamie 👍🖕

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Advice club 50

Post by wightegi » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:25 pm

Hi you have a nifty 50 :D :lol: one of the best engine conversions is the Lifan 110 as they run well and are easy to fit , what year 50 have you got ?

cozi70
Rides:: Z50,cf70,msx and an auld german 1200gs

Re: Advice club 50

Post by cozi70 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:16 am

Welcome aboard from Northern Ireland.
Is your bike the older 6v model as most of the bigger engines are 12v but adoption is possible?