New man saying hello

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
gyppo
Rides:: Honda Cc50L

New man saying hello

Post by gyppo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:26 pm

I've spent my riding life thrashing a collection of British bikes from a BSA Bantam up to a serious fire-breathing beast of a BSA Road Rocket. Then a hiatus of around twenty years as that saddest of the sad, a biker without a bike, just memories.

Now, close on the heels of retirement, I've inherited a Honda C50L, which hadn't been run since 1997. But it was stored in a garage and after a bit of loving care the little beast is running again. The more I read about Mr Honda's little motor the more fascinated I've become.

Once the details of tax, insurance, etc are dealt with, and changing my old paper licence for the modern plastic thing due to a change of address, I look forward to getting to know the little beast.

Some gentle pottering around The New Forest to start with, and then who knows. There may well be some small bike touring in my future.

Gyppo

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: New man saying hello

Post by wightegi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Welcome to the club ,stick a rough location in your details .We had a meeting at Hurst view campsite last year,look up southern softies ;) .

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Post by Bogger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Aye, welcome to the nuthouse.

Bogger

PhilB
Rides:: C70zz, C90zz, S65, Tiger 955i

Post by PhilB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 am

Welcome!

Hope to see you at the southern meet :)

gyppo
Rides:: Honda Cc50L

Post by gyppo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Sorry about the delay in responding to your welcome messages. Been in and out of hospital having my prostate removed, and then back in again for some minor complications. The cancerous little bastard was trying to kill me. But I'm made of tougher stuff than that ;-)

Bit sore for a while, but early indications are that the engineering solution - 'Take the bugger out and throw it away.' - has worked.

Should be on the road again fairly soon.

Gyppo

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Hope you get on the road soon ,you may want to change the rear shocks as they tend to do a pogo thing down the road. Our own Davebike can supply the correct ones ,find him in the Recommended suppliers list down there a bit.
Did you put your location in your details :o :lol: .
Like I said we have a do on the Island in August but once you meet this lot you will never be the same again :lol: :lol: