hi from SE London!

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
TheLondonReject
Rides:: Buell XB12s

hi from SE London!

Post by TheLondonReject » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:32 pm

hey guys and girls, so I don't know how I've gone 32yrs and never seen or heard of street cubs! I randomly came across one today and I'm hooked! :lol: so basically I ride a Buell XB12s pretty much every day! and lets face it, an American bike isn't built to be a daily commuter! :lol: and C90's seem to run forever, I mean 2 of my mates rode from London to Marbella on them with no problems! so now I know I can make one look like something more up my street, I'm going to build one. So that's why I'm here, to hopefully find out everything I need to know! (fingers crossed :lol: )

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Re: hi from SE London!

Post by Diesel Dave » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Well I'll just wait for BikerBaker to wade in on the Buel front......

Of course he does have sensible bikes as well...mostly

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Post by bikerbaker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:25 pm

OK, wading in!

Commuting on a 12S - try a 12R! Thankfully I don't have to commute at all, except to the sheds at the bottom of my garden. Any bike that makes you smile is worth having in my opinion and I get as much pleasure riding the Cubs as the Firebolt.

Plenty on here have built streetcubs, some having been improved so much that they end up almost unrideable. :lol:

Anyway, welcome. This is the place to ask questions (they have all been asked before so use of the search function might be advisable). The Buell forum is good, this one is the best!

Sorry, can't resist it.
DSCN1781 (4).JPG
Note the C90Club sticker!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Nice bike bb.
Haven't seen one before and particularly like the colour scheme.

TheLondonReject
Rides:: Buell XB12s

Post by TheLondonReject » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:04 pm

bikerbaker wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:25 pm
Plenty on here have built streetcubs, some having been improved so much that they end up almost unrideable. :lol:
Yeah engine wise I don’t wanna touch! Lol just the looks
Commuting on a 12S - try a 12R! Thankfully I don't have to commute at all, except to the sheds at the bottom of my garden. Any bike that makes you smile is worth having in my opinion and I get as much pleasure riding the Cubs as the Firebolt.
Exactly! I love my Buel to bits! Never going to sell it! That’s why I don’t want to be riding into central London every day on it. As you know they don’t have the best turning circle :lol: I know I’ll love the cub just as much when she’s done 8-)

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:47 am

:roll: Bloody fuellers!

I'm an ex X1 owner (16 years ago) and have just about got over the panic of waking up and thinking that I still own it. :lol:

Welcome to the forum. :)