Newbie from Bristol saying Hi!

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Curly
Rides:: 2002 C90 with a little 125 assistance

Newbie from Bristol saying Hi!

Post by Curly » Wed May 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi there,

Newbie calling.....Picked up a tidy little C90 the other day as a bit of fun during the summer. Its a bit of a project, all pretty solid with a years ticket. Its all there and works ok(ish) apart from the 125 motor in it. .....which is way too loud and running lumpier than my wife's porridge....so a bit of work to do. :lol:

I'll search the forums and the internet to find out the basics then I'll move on to my nemesis .....wiring. :(

In the meant time HELLO!

James

stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Re: Newbie from Bristol saying Hi!

Post by stevew » Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Welcome James,
Far from an expert but from all my years of reading this forum it always seems that 125s are a problem getting the breathing right.
They are many more on here that will be able to answer for sure as they really know what they are talking about (unlike me!!)

Curly
Rides:: 2002 C90 with a little 125 assistance

Re: Newbie from Bristol saying Hi!

Post by Curly » Thu May 04, 2017 9:15 am

From what I've read I think you're right.

Given the relatively low cost of engines I'll no doubt put something different in it.

There is a new 190 engine on the market with a 5 speed box and electric start which is based on the honda/pitbike engine layout so shouldn't be too much of a job to get set up. We'll have to see.