Greetings from West London

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
currykev
Rides:: C90 K reg

Greetings from West London

Post by currykev » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Being a West Londoner, you'd think I was a fan of everything Scooterish, being the home of Mods and The Who.
Well no! I bought my 1st mustard yellow c70 back in 1982. 2nd hand and £60. It lasted 2 years without a blip before I went for a new c90 cub.
I almost wrote that off and sold it for a bag of sweets. (or something similar)
Now I'm well into my middle-age and the ongoing crisis, I'm sorely tempted back to the c70-c90 dream.
I am currently just looking, so I may ask for advice on those I see for sale. I saw a c70 last week in W12, but the spots of rust I saw
on that "superb" example put me right off that beauty.
I'm basically lazy so I'll be searching for one that doesn't require much work.

tomstransport
Rides:: VFR800 XT225 Honda c90

Re: Greetings from West London

Post by tomstransport » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Honda c90 in good condition go for good money you need to look under the rear mudguard at old ones as that tells a story as I recently found out but the up side is the rest of the bike is in good condition apart from the usual surface rust but i only paid 80 quid for it and am hoping to ride it to Rhayader next year which is only 60 miles from me .

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 pm

currykev wrote: Now I'm well into my middle-age and the ongoing crisis, I'm sorely tempted back to the c70-c90 dream.
That's a very common thing and much healthier than hankering for a sports car. We've got a wide range of ages on here so you'd be in good company :D

Welcome to the Club Kev. :D :D :D

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Currykev welcome to the club.there are always a lot of bikes about, the 12 volt square headlamp ones are the easiest to live with,the C70 bikes are nice but think how old they are now 30+ years so keep looking .Have a look around the site and have fun like we just had with 19 hours of rain in Rhayader.... :? :lol: