Newbie from brussels

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Sergenorton
Rides:: kawa W650 just sold

Newbie from brussels

Post by Sergenorton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi ,

So I'm 50 in august , had a lot of bikes in my youth , cars since married :) but now I'm looking for a cheap and fun to drive commuter , and remembering my good old SS50 with 72cc ,
did some research and found your really good website .
Problem is , that over here in Belgium C90 ( or C70) are really rare so was thinking of importing one but over here the registration laws are more complicated than before thus
I would need , in addition of the V5 , a certain certificate of conformity ( european one if bike from 2004 )... ( not necessary if bike pre 1974 )
Do you folks are aware of these papers , are there common to you ?
I need to sort this out before thinking of a deal .

Best Regards

Serge

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: Newbie from brussels

Post by Pjam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi Serge, welcome to the Club :D

I have heard the Cub is quite rare in Belgium and I think we may have some members who know a bit about this subject, not me though, sorry.
One idea I did have, did you think of trying to buy from Holland? Cubs are more common there. ;) ;) ;)

cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Post by cruncherkid » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:08 am

Sergenorton wrote:.......I would need , in addition of the V5 , a certain certificate of conformity ( european one if bike from 2004 )... ( not necessary if bike pre 1974 ).....
I would think that you would need to approach Honda UK for a copy of the conformity certificate for the model you wish to register in Belgium, they aren't issued to individual vehicles as such, more to the manufacturer when they get type approval for use in the UK......I have seen certain models of Chinese machines if you buy them in the crate to register yourself being sold with a copy of the conformity certificate to allow them to be registered here without the SVA test, but this is relatively recently and you are dealing pre-2003 if you are looking for an actual Cub.....not a definitive answer, but might point you in the right direction. Good luck with finding one of these little gems 8-)

Sergenorton
Rides:: kawa W650 just sold

Post by Sergenorton » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Thank you pjam and crucherkid for your help .

I will send a mail to Honda UK hoping they got an issue ...
I must admit I'm a bit irritated with all these new continental laws , trying to prove the conformity of a small bike making 100mpg + and knowing
that the rest of the world is burning oil , polluting without giving a f*** - Typical european nonsense
But that's another subject...

Serge