Newbie from Northern Ireland!

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
stephenbeetleman
Rides:: 2002 Honda Cub 90

Re: Newbie from Northern Ireland!

Post by stephenbeetleman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:58 am

Hi Guys,
Just dropping you a note to say i got the CBT done on Mon and was feeling brave so booked myself in for the theory test for this morning and passed! :lol:

Just the off and on road driving test to go now and i should be good to go with the Cub on the road! :)

Cheers
Stephen

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 am

Congratulations on the CBT and theory.
stephenbeetleman wrote:should be good to go with the Cub on the road!
You're OK to go now.. CBT and L-plates and you're legal for the road. ;)

sinbad72
Rides:: Honda C70 C (Blue)

Post by sinbad72 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:43 am

Well done Stephen. :D You're more than ready for the road. Apparently Lisburn is only 46 miles from Monaghan. :P

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10275

stephenbeetleman

Post by stephenbeetleman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Lol SInbad .. It is only 46 miles, via motorway but with me still be an L plate i'd have to take the back roads most of the way! :)

Tax and insurance is the only other issue at the moment, not a biggie but i'm still waiting on the logbook to come back before i can get it taxed for the road :)

What do you guys do if you get a puncture? Is there much to it? On a car i know my way around no problem but i have to say with this bike melarky i'm like a fish out of water! :lol:

Stephen

sinbad72

Post by sinbad72 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:17 pm

stephenbeetleman wrote:Lol SInbad .. It is only 46 miles, via motorway but with me still be an L plate i'd have to take the back roads most of the way! :)

Tax and insurance is the only other issue at the moment, not a biggie but i'm still waiting on the logbook to come back before i can get it taxed for the road :)

What do you guys do if you get a puncture? Is there much to it? On a car i know my way around no problem but i have to say with this bike melarky i'm like a fish out of water! :lol:

Stephen
I wing it ;) :lol:

It's not all that much different than a bicycle actually. It's advisable to carry a spare tube and some tools. Also a good idea to familiarise how to actually take the wheels off. The back sprocket stays on the bike for example. If it happens on one of the organised honda runs there's that many willing to help, you could change the tube with your hands in your pockets. :lol:

Btw that 46miles quoted was already avoiding motorways :D No pressure or anything :lol:

stephenbeetleman

Post by stephenbeetleman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:09 pm

sinbad72 wrote:I wing it
Lol .. im in on the facebook event as a maybe so i will see how i get on. Must get a few tubes ordered and other bits and pieces. Is there any good suppliers for Cub parts in NI or are the Honda dealers reasonable enough? :)

Stephen

sinbad72

Post by sinbad72 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:26 am

One tube will do for carrying as a spare. You can repair the punctured tube at home and then carry it as your spare. Any dealers will do. There's plenty of suppliers in the recommended suppliers section on this forum too.